Compared to the previous model with 10 nm half-band-width, the new Baader Solar Continuum Filter has a half-band-width of only 7.5 nm, which once again significantly increases the contrast. This replaces both the previous 10 nm Solar Continuum filter and, for the first time, the stacked 1¼" filter #2458392.
- Baader 7.5 nm Solar Continuum Filter, CWL 540nm
- A must for owners of achromatic refractors. This narrowband-filter cuts the spectral range where lens optics draw sharpest and contrastiest. The Baader Solar Continuum Filter lets you use the full power of your telescope.
- Enhances contrast and reduces the effect of atmospheric turbulence (in combination with white light solar filters)
- Enormous contrast gain in monochrome photography even on apochromatic systems
- Important note: The Solar Continuum Filter must be used ONLY with additional filtering (e.g. Baader Herschel prism or AstroSolar Safety Filml)
- Der Baader Solar Continuum Filter darf NUR mit zusätzlicher Filterung (z. B. Herschelprisma oder AstroSolar Sonnenfilterfolie) eingesetzt werden.
This entry was posted on September 6, 2022Last modified on September 21, 2022.
- Intermediate plate is connected to the side (slidable via slotted holes) to the Baader heavy-duty 8" double mounting plate, for up to 100kg (#2451559 , € 730,-) that allows easy raising and laterally variable displacement of clamps if the distance is not enough.
- Suitable for all Pan EQ clamps (190mm, 230mm und 370mm) and Pan Adjuster for adjusting the optical axis of parallel mounted telescopes (#2451515 , € 1185,-)
- Can be stacked if needed.
- Adapter set to connect the Steeldrive II Motor Unit (#2957265 , € 275,-) to the FeatherTouch 3.5" focuser from Starlight Instruments
- Allows motorized fine drive of the FT 3.5" OAZ with the Baader Steeldrive II motor unit for heavy loads (up to 8 kg)
- Please note:: The motor unit requires the Steeldrive II Controller
(#2957260 , € 445,-)
. You always need one controller to operate one motor unit. But you can use one controller with several motor units one at a time – you only need to plug it into the motor unit which you want to use.
Coming Soon: Baader 2" Cool-Ceramic Safety Herschel Prism Mark II
- 2" wedge prism according to Herschel - one-sided Phantom Group® anti-reflective coating, with ceramic solar finder and 2" ClickLock® eyepiece holder
- Integrated rotation mechanism for polarising filters – the best method for brightness adjustment in visual solar observation and solar photography in white light
- Stepless brightness adjustment is made possible in combination with the optional Baader Single Polarizing Filter 2" (#2408342 , € 72,-) and the included Neutral Density Filter. The polarizing filters are not included in the scope of delivery
- Includes the Baader 7.5 nm Solar Continuum Filter 2" (540nm) (#2961581 , € 198,-) with 7.5 nm half-band-width
- S58 dovetail and Safety Kerfs on the 2" nose-piece
- New 3-point adjustment system preset in the factory
- Sturdy transport case made of ABS plastic, air sealed
- Available in the following versions.
- Baader Cool-Ceramic Safety Hersche Prism Mark II 2" Visual (#2956510V) with 7.5nm Solar Continuum Filter and ND 3.0 Neutral Density Filter
- Baader Cool-Ceramic Safety Herschel Prism Mark II 2" Photo (#2956510P) with 7.5nm Solar Contiunuum Filter and ND 3.0/1.8/0.9/0.6 Neutral Density Fitler