#2956220 SC-Clicklock (for 6", 8", 9¼") or #2956233 SCL-ClickLock (11", 14")
#2956100 Baader 2" ClickLock Diagonal Mirror or #2456115 Baader 2" BBHS ® Mirror Diagonal with 2" ClickLock Clamp
optional: #2956214 Baader 2" to 1¼" ClickLock Reducer (T-2 part #15B) (all Hyperion an Morpheus eyepieces can be used with the 2" barrel; this reducer is only necessary for 1,25" eyepieces)
Especially if your telescope is mounted on an Alt-Az mount, you can use the Baader 2" NexStar locking ring #245827 instead ot the SC-ClickLock to permanently mount the mirror at the back of the telescope - if you remove the nosepiece from our star diagonals, you get an SC-thread which fits directly at the telescope. This way, so can save some space and do not risk that the telescope hits the base of the mount when you point it high at the sky.
The Baader ClickLock®-System (1¼" / 2") in an overview
Never before has an eyepiece clamp for amateur astronomy been so elaborately crafted.
The Baader ClickLock (1¼" / 2") is a precisely fitting, very massive eyepiece clamp without clamping screws (!). Inserted eyepieces, CCD cameras and similar accessories are securely held in place, locked against rotation and won't be scratched in any way! With a small turn of 20°, each eyepiece is firmly clamped. You will never have to handle small locking screws again – instead, just rotate the top of the eyepiece clamp for a few degrees, and the eyepiece will be firmly fixed. This is also no problem with gloves on!
Our various ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece. The clamp is very expensive to assemble, the price therefore initially may appear high for "nothing more than" a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision and stability, it's well worth the money.
You do not have to tighten the ClickLock clamps with brutal force, because the mechanical principle comes from professional mechanical engineering. This is how the tool holder in modern CNC milling centers works. Clever use of leverage multiplies the torque. The inserted object is held on three sides similar to a quick-action chuck and can therefore no longer carry out any tilting movements.
Details on Baader ClickLock Reducer from 2" to 1¼"
- Precision machined reducer to complement the Baader 2" ClickLock-System, inserted height only 9.5mm
- Firmly holds all 1¼" eyepieces, accessories, and diagonals
- ClickLock compression ring made of hardened bronze ensures lifetime non-marring operation
- Fingertip operated twist-lock system works like a CNC machine chuck – onto the compression ring
- Bidirectional ratcheted lever (no thumbscrew!) indicates open/close position in the dark
- Gentle touch onto the lever results in ultra-strong locking action – and easy release
- Accepts all astronomical, cell-mounted 2" eyepiece-filters
- T-2 (M42x0.75) inner photo-thread attaches onto most T-2 threaded accessories and all Baader T-2 diagonals
|Optical length (mm)||9,5|
|T-2 Part #||15B|
|Usage||fast clamping of every 1¼" accessory, use also as filter holder|
|Inner Connection (lens sided)||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75), M48|
|Outer Connection (lens sided)||Barrel, 2" (50,8mm)|
|Inner Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided)||Clamp, 1¼"|
|Compatible Brands||Baader Planetarium, Celestron|
|Type of Adapter||ClickLock, Eyepiece Clamp, Filter holder, Reducing piece|