The current delivery time, so fare I know is 2-3 month for a new order. But it depends on the current shedule from Planewave.
If you have a demand for your project, please send us a E-Mail.
Is this mount L350 OK for 60 minute exposure astrophotography?
Is guide scope tracking suitable for this mount and what about de-rotation?
L-Series Direct Drive Mounts
Alt-Az / Equatorial Direct Drive Mount
The L-Series combines versatility, simplicity and affordability by combining all the technology of our Observatory class telescopes into a compact stand-alone mount.
- L-350 is designed for the CDK14 and CDK 12,5 can hold payload of over 100 lbs.
- L-500 is designed for the CDK17 and CDK20 and can hold payload of over 200 lbs.
- L-600 is ideal for the CDK24 and can hold up to 300 lbs.
The mount is equipped with direct drives motors as well as high-resolution encorders. The software is ASCOM compatible and the direct drive motors can move the telescope at incredible speeds for tracking satellites.
In its Alt/Az configuration it is considerably more compact than its equatorial counterpart, allowing a larger telescope to fit in a smaller enclosure. The mass it takes to make a rigid alt/az mount is substantially less, leading to cost savings. Unlike German Equatorial mounts, there are no meridian flips to deal with, and no large protruding counterweights to create a dangerous hazard in a public observatory. Alt/Az is more intuitive to use and no polar alignment is needed.
- Direct-drive motors on each axis for smooth, fast, and virtually silent movement of the telescope
- Slew speeds up to 50 degrees per second
- High resolution encoders on each axis for precise positioning
- Zero backlash, Zero periodic error
- Latitude Range: 0 to 90 degrees, Northern and Southern hemispheres
- Enclosed electronics
- Through the mount cabling: Access panels in the fork arm and azimuth axis allow for camera equipment cabling through the inside of the mount.
- Dual mounting bracket: PlaneWave style mounting bracket to hold CDK17/20 onto inside of fork arm with additional option of mounting a scope on the outside of the fork arm. Optional dovetail clamp required.
- Azimuth dovetail balance system: For precise center of gravity balance whether in Alt-Az or Equatorial configuration
- User Interface: PlaneWave Interface 4 (PWI4) Control Software with integrated PointXP mount modeling software
- Slew Rate: 20 degrees per second (standard); 50 degrees per second (maximum), both axes
- Home position sensors are included allowing the mount can find its home position on power up.
|Technical Data not yet specified||Please choose product variant from dropdown above to see technical data of your chosen product|