Product Questions and Answers
Do you have a question about this product? Then we would like to ask you to first look through the existing questions and answers, most likely your question has already been answered and you will get the desired information much faster this way. Your question is not listed? Then please click on the button "Ask a question".
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
For adapting any cell mounted Baader 2 inch Filter onto a camera lens with 52mm front filter thread you will need:
#2408166 Baader DSLR 2" Filter-Holder M48 / SP54: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-dslr-2%22-filter-holder-m48sp54.html
#2958052 Baader Lens-Adapter-Ring SP54 / M52: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-hyperion-dt-ring-sp54m52-for-dtadapter-iiandiii-and-hyperion-eyepieces.html
Based on the SP54 thread, we offer many more adapters for various camera threads, our so-called Hyperion DT-rings. https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=sp54
Both thread sizes come with our proprietary pitch - which is not the same for the female and male threads.
This is our own proprietary "emergency solution" for uniting a world were manufacturers all over the world copy from each other - to the point that there are almost a dozen different pitches in use for male and female threads. Traditionally US-companies used to do a UNF-based pitch and the rest of the world went for metric threads - but these do vary from 0.5 to 0.75.
For this reason it does not make sense to publish our non standard pitch because our pitch is made to cope with all existing metric and US-pitch standards - and as said - our solution has evolved from sheer necessity. It is a mixture of a queer pitch and under-/over-dimensioning . We will not want to declare this as a standard and get bashed up for it. It works for us and is a result of 20 years adaptation to fit our filters onto all crazy threads we have seen. And inspite of this - every now and then there comes another "dragonboat-eyepiece" were even our filters may not fit...
This new generation of Baader CMOS-filters features:
- Increased contrast
- Ever more narrow passbands
- Reflex-Blocker™ coatings, for largest ever freedom from halos, even under most adverse conditions concerning aux-optics
- FWHM on each filter category carefully designed to allow for 1:1:1 exposures, matched for typical CMOS quantum efficiency and s/n ratio
- Identical filter thickness to existing standards, with utmost care for parfocality
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a black frontside outer rim, to additionally eliminate any reflection due to light falling onto the edge of a filter
- Each filter coated individually, with sealed coating edge (NOT cut out of a larger plate with coatings left exposed, read more)
- Life-Coat™: evermore hard coatings to enable a non-aging coating for life – even in a most adverse environment
Further information, test reviews, image results...
... can be found on our detailed Blogpost:
New CMOS-optimized Baader Filters
This entry was posted on May 8, 2021Last modified on May 4, 2022.
The new "f/2" narrowband filters from Baader in use.
This entry was posted on October 19, 2022
|Technical Data not yet specified||Please choose product variant from dropdown above to see technical data of your chosen product|