Product Questions and Answers
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
TEC APO 140 FL Fluorite Apochromat
TEC APO 140 - the most popular size of all TEC telescopes TEC (Telescope Engineering Company) is now available as fluorite apochromat.
It is for everyone’s needs. The scope is light weight, portable, and can be used for visual or CCD imaging. With the suitable field flatteners and reducers a world of possibilities is open to you. Due to its optical design, even solar observation is possible, whether with H-alpha filters or whitish light using a Herschel Prism.
- The objective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Each APO140FL F/7 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces and mounts.
The previously already extraordinarily good device is now even better and convinces with an extraordinary color fidelity, which is in no way inferior to its larger siblings the 160 and 180 FL. Anyone who has ever been able to look through a genuine fluorite apochromatic will always remember the "crystal-clear", white image. Not to be neglected is the transmission, whereby fluorite is clearly superior to ED glass. While glass and ED glass (fluoride) still produce minimal stray light, no stray light can be detected with a fluorite element. The most impressive way to demonstrate this is with a green laser. The energy-rich green beam is clearly visible as a beam when it passes through all glass substrates - not only when it passes through the fluorite, as the laser beam remains invisible.
The advantages of Fluriote to ED glass: less absorption and more transmissionAPO 160 FL Apochromat vs. APO 140 ED
The TEC APO 140 FL has number of features that in a given combination are rarely found in one scope:
- Precision apochromatic objective with modern coating that makes lenses almost invisible
- Oil-spaced and fully sealed lens triplet, for fastest thermal adaptation and minimum of haze and reflections
- Retractable baffle
- Light tube assembly
- FeatherTouch 360° rotatable focuser with coarse and fine focusing
- Collet type eyepice holder
- Line of accessories, including: Dovetail plate (same width and fit as Losmandy plates), Finder bracket with new principle of finder adjustment, Choice of two kind of cases.
- APO140 is an Aplanatic oil-spaced Triplet refractor, PV 1/20
- The color correction is optimized for visual use with focus shift less than 0.02% from 436nm to 1000nm.
|Optical Design||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Aperture (mm)||140 mm (5.5")|
|Focal Length||980 mm|
|Tube diameter (max)||5.9" / 150 mm|
|Image Scale||3,5 arc min / mm|
|Optical length (mm)||34" / 864 mm (shortest)|
|Optical Tube Weight||19lb / 8.6 kg (add 2 lbs with tube rings)|
|Focuser||Starlight Instruments 3,5" Feather Touch|
> 600 Downloads