Product Questions and Answers
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
TEC APO 200 FL f/8 Fluorite Apochromat
After nearly 10 years the legendary TEC 200 FL Fluorite Apochromat will be reissued!
The APO 200 FL is an observatory class instrument with excellent color correction thanks to glass combined with Fluorite as a middle element.
The advantages of Fluriot to ED glass: less adsorption or rather more transmissionAPO 160 FL Apochromat vs. APO 140 ED
The TEC APO 200 FL has number of features that in a given combination are rarely found in one scope:
- Precision apochromatic objective with modern coating that makes lenses almost invisible
- Retractable Dew Shield
- Light weight tube assembly. Theobjective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Each APO200FL F/8 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces
- Recommended to be paired with a high capacity load mount and a stationary observation station
Clear aperture 8” / 200mm Focal length 1600 mm Focal ratio 8.0 Image scale 2.1 arc min/mm Resolution (theoretical 0.46 arc sec Focuser Feather Touch 3545 Eyepiece holder 2" Collet type Focusing range 4.5" / 114 mm One turn focus travel Coarse 21.5 mm / Fine 2.3 mm Back focus distance 7" / 180 mm Focuser load capacity 10 lb Tube assembly diameter 8" / 201 mm Baffle diameter 10" / 254 mm TA length (shortest) 1475mm OTA weight 22.6 kg (50lb) Balance point position ~600mm from flange Lens coatings: Broad band anti-reflection coating (BBAR)
|Optical Design||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Aperture (mm)||200mm (8")|
|Backfocus||7” / 180mm|
|Tube diameter (max)||9.2” / 234mm|
|Image Scale||2.1 arc min/mm|
|Length of tube||Retracted: ~1473mm (+5mm), Extended: ~1830mm|
|Focuser||3.5" Feather Touch Focuser by Starlight Instruments|