TEC APO 140 FL Fluorite Apochromat
TEC APO 140 - the most popular size of all TEC telescopes TEC (Telescope Engineering Company) is now available as fluorite apochromat.
It is for everyone’s needs. The scope is light weight, portable, and can be used for visual or CCD imaging. With the suitable field flatteners and reducers a world of possibilities is open to you. Due to its optical design, even solar observation is possible, whether with H-alpha filters or whitish light using a Herschel Prism.
The previously already extraordinarily good device is now even better and convinces with an extraordinary color fidelity, which is in no way inferior to its larger siblings the 160 and 180 FL. Anyone who has ever been able to look through a genuine fluorite apochromatic will always remember the "crystal-clear", white image. Not to be neglected is the transmission, whereby fluorite is clearly superior to ED glass. While glass and ED glass (fluoride) still produce minimal stray light, no stray light can be detected with a fluorite element. The most impressive way to demonstrate this is with a green laser. The energy-rich green beam is clearly visible as a beam when it passes through all glass substrates - not only when it passes through the fluorite, as the laser beam remains invisible.
The advantages of Fluriote to ED glass: less adsorption and more transmissionAPO 160 FL Apochromat vs. APO 140 ED
The TEC APO 140 FL has number of features that in a given combination are rarely found in one scope:
- Precision apochromatic objective with modern coating that makes lenses almost invisible
- Oil-spaced and fully sealed lens triplet, for fastest thermal adaptation and minimum of haze and reflections
- Retractable baffle
- Light tube assembly
- FeatherTouch 360° rotatable focuser with coarse and fine focusing
- Collet type eyepice holder
- Line of accessories, including: Precision tube rings with adjustable latches, Dovetail plate (same width and fit as Losmandy plates), Finder bracket with new principle of finder adjustment, Choice of two kind of cases.
- APO140 is an Aplanatic oil-spaced Triplet refractor, PV 1/20
- The color correction is optimized for visual use with focus shift less than 0.02% from 436nm to 1000nm.
|Optical Design||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Clear Aperture||5.5" / 140 mm|
|Focal Length||980 mm|
|Back Focus Distance||6.7" (170mm)|
|Tube diameter (max)||5.9" / 150 mm|
|Image Scale||3,5 arc min / mm|
|Optical length (mm)||34" / 864 mm (shortest)|
|Optical Tube Weight||19lb / 8.6 kg (add 2 lbs with tube rings)|
|Focuser||Starlight Instruments 3,5" Feather Touch|