TEC APO 140 f/7 Tripelt Apochromat
The TEC APO 140 has a number of features that in a given combination are rarely found in one scope:
- Precision apochromatic objective with modern coating that makes lenses almost invisible
- Oiled and fully sealed lens triplet, for fastest thermal adaptation and minimum of haze and reflections
- Retractable baffle
- Light tube assembly
- FeatherTouch 360° rotatable focuser with coarse and fine focusing
- Collet type eyepice holder
- Line of accessories, including: Precision tube rings with adjustable latches, Dovetail plate (same width and fit as Losmandy plates), Finder bracket with new principle of finder adjustment, Choice of two kind of cases.
- APO140 is an Aplanatic Oiled Triplet refractor with ED glass (FPL-53) as a middle element.
- The color correction is optimized for visual use with focus shift less than 0.02% from 436nm to 1000nm. Calculated Strehl for e-line (546nm) is 0.99.
- Intereferometry of the first run lenses showed that the average Strehl is close to calculated with a very smooth wave front and RMS less than 1/50. air-spaced objectives. The outside surfaces of front and rear lenses are coated with 7 layers of antireflective coating, that reduce light reflection to the average 0.25% in range of 400-700nm.
Clear aperture 5.5" / 140 mm Focal length 980 mm Focal ratio 7.0 Image scale 3.5 arc min/mm Resolution (theoretical) 0.8 arc sec Focuser Feather Touch 3545 Eyepiece holder 2" Collet type Focusing range 4.5" / 114 mm One turn focus travel Coarse 21.5 mm / Fine 2.3 mm Back focus distance 6.7" / 170 mm Focuser load capacity 10 lb Tube assembly diameter 5.9" / 150 mm Baffle dia. 7" / 178 mm TA length (shortest) 34" / 864 mm Balance point position 14" ± 1" (350 mm ± 25 mm) from the focuser flange OTA weight 19 lb / 8.6 kg / (for tube rings - add 2 lb) Lens coatings: Broad band 7 layers antireflection coating (BBAR) Includes : Optical tube assembly, front cover, plug.
Pictures taken with TEC APO 140 ED
More pictures are available here: Homepage
Recommended 0.72x Telecompressor Corrector # 140 5371 of Astro Physics
This Reducer/Corrector reduces the focal length of the 140 ED from 980 mm to 700 mm and gives you a focal ratio of f/5. For a full frame camera (24 x 36 mm), this results in a field of view of 3 x 2 degree at an image circle of 50 mm, diffraction limited and free of vignetting.
|Manufacturer SKU (#)||140 700|
|Optical Design||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Clear Aperture||5.5" (140mm)|
|Focal Length||980 mm|
|Back Focus Distance||6.7" (170mm)|
|Tube diameter (max)||5.9" (150 mm)|
|Image Scale||3.5 arcmin / mm|
|Optical Tube Weight||19lb (8,6 kg)|
|Focuser||Feather Touch 3545|