Stand-alone autoguiding revolutionised
- Autoguiding starts automatically as soon as you power on your StarAid. Point your telescope anywhere in the sky, and StarAid will find multiple guide stars. Even under a full moon or in a rich star cloud in the milky way under pristine skies.
- No laptop or any other device needed
- Guiding automatically resumes when clouds pass by or when you move your mount to a new location
Accurate and fast tracking for the best image quality
- Recognises and tracks 1 to 20 stars simultaneously
- Advanced, high performance proprietary star recognition and centering algorithm
- Guiding accuracy not affected by mount backlash
- Up to 30% sharper photos
- Sends up to 5 corrections per second (5Hz) to the mount to minimise drift effects and correct some of the seeing (5Hz)
- Finishes mount calibration in 4-30 seconds
Automatically optimised guiding parameters
- StarAid automatically monitors the seeing conditions and the mount response
- It uses Artificial Intelligence to find the optimal guide parameters
Live LED status feedback
- LEDs indicate the status of guiding, warnings or errors
- Different patterns for specific actions
- No need to connect your laptop or phone
- Adjust their brightness or turn them off completely from the StarAid App
- Image comets with long exposures. StarAid provides a well maintained catalogue of interesting comets. Simply select a comet from object guiding and point your main telescope at the comet. StarAid tracks and keeps the comet stationary so you can confidently take long exposures for crisp comet images.
- Once object guiding is enabled, no laptop or any other device is needed.
No laptop needed
Free built-in StarAid App to access extras
Even though StarAid autoguiding is fully autonomous, and requires no additional device, there is a handy StarAid App available to access advanced functionality:
- Monitor the status of autoguiding.
- Super easy polar alignment.
- Automatic plate-solving (“Sky Recognition”)
- Live view to help you focus your StarAid.
Use it with any device
- Access and use the app on your smartphone, computer or tablet
- Works without Internet
- Connect your device via StarAid’s built-in wifi or the provided USB cable
Accurate polar alignment within 30 seconds with a tap in your app
- Just point your telescope anywhere in the sky. No need to see the celestial pole from your location.
- StarAid will tell you how to set your mount.
- Works equally well in the Southern hemisphere, Northern hemisphere and at the equator.
- Works well for apartment windows or balconies where the celestial pole is obscured.
- Choose fast or high accuracy: typically 30″ within 2 minutes (good enough for guiding), 10″ within 4 minutes (accurate), or 1″ within 12 minutes (precise).
- Intuitive guidance with real-time visual feedback while making adjustments.
- All mounts with adjustable screws or knobs are supported (even single-axis tracking mounts).
- Polar alignment also works without a connection to the guide port.
Automatic platesolving within 2 seconds
Star field recognition speeds of StarAid with a 200mm guide scope. The colors denote solution time in seconds. The dark blue, unsolved areas align with the plane of the Milky Way. In most cases, the actual solve time is less than 1 second.
- The Sky Recognition functionality recognises 96% of all locations within 2 seconds (under clear skies, without moonlight)
- Start it with a tap from your StarAid App
- No Internet needed
- Check the coordinates in the app, and enter it in your mount to use it for GOTO
All modern mounts supported
Tested on several models
- All mounts with an ST-4 compatible guide port are supported.
- Tested on the following mounts and mount types:
- All mounts with Astro-Elektronik FS-2 control sysrtem
- Astro-Physics 1100
- Astro-Physics Mach1
- Astro-Physics models with GTOCP v2, v3 and v4
- Celestron AVX (the same control as, among others CGEM, CGEM DX, CGEM II, CGX, CGX-L)
- Losmandy GM-8 with originals DDS
- Meade FORK mount
- SkyWatcher EQ5
- SkyWatcher EQ6
- Vixen Super Polaris with BoxDorfer MTS-3 Kit
- Can be used with Losmandy DDS control box
The StarAid is expected to be available again at the end of November. You can pre-order it here, we will inform you about the delivery status.
|Adaptable to||All mounts with an ST-4 compatible guiding port are supported|
|Usage||Can be used with the Losmandy DDS Control Box|