The aux output for a dew heater is stated at up to 10w. If I attached a slightly higher rated dew strip (for example 15w) to that output, would it be able to operate safely (albeit limited to a maximum of 10w of power) or would there be a risk of damaging the controller?
The QHY163 should have 17,5mm of backfokus, but please verify this in your camera manual as we don't have the camera here.
The 8" EdgeHD reducer requires a distance of 105mm to the sensor, so we have 87.5mm for the UFC.
2459128 - Adapter for SC-thread of the telescope/reducer - 1mm length
2459110 - UFC base - 13mm length
2459115 - T-2-Adapter with male thread, fits into your camera - 2mm length
For the remaining 71,5mm, you can use several extensions, e.g.
- Baader UFC S70 Extension 15mm # 2459142
- Baader UFC S70 Extension 40mm # 2459143
- Baader UFC S70 VariLock 15-20mm extension # 2459145
If you set the VariLock to 16.5mm, you should have the perfect distance.
You can also use the smaller T2-extension tubes and Varilocks instead:
- Baader T-2 / 40 mm Extension Tube (T-2 part #25B) # 1508153
- Baader VariLock 46, lockable T-2 ExtensionTube 29-46mm with spanner tool (T-2 part #25V) # 2956946
It is in general a good idea to keep the filters closer to the camera, so the UFC-extensions should be better that the T-2-extensions - the closer a filter is, the less will optical distortions of the filter be a problem.
In addition, you need the filter sliders according to your filters:
- Baader UFC 2" (M48) Filter Slider # 2459112
- Baader UFC D 50.4 Filter Slider # 2459113
- Baader UFC 50x50 Filter slider # 2459114
- Baader UFC D 36 mm AUX-Filter-Holder (requires #2459113) # 2459152
- Baader UFC 1¼" AUX-Filter-Holder (requires #2459113) # 2459153
Answer by: Baader Web Team (Admin) on Apr 23, 2019 12:38:00 PM
- Hyperion / Morpheus T-Adapter M43/T-2 #2958080
- 1" C-Mount T-2 adapter Filterholder #2958520
And spacers between these two adapters, depending on the size of your sensor and the desired effective focal length. The larger the sensor, the farther away should it be from the eyepiece to avoid distortions at the edge of the image.
Answer by: Baader Web Team (Admin) on Apr 23, 2019 10:14:00 AM
Our company exists now for more than 50 years. In this time, more than 15.000 Baader Planetariums (the first patented product of our company) help all over the world to give students an understanding of astronomical correlations. In our own manufactory, more than 500 observatory domes have been produced and delivered turnkey-ready. Instruments and telescope accessories from "Baader" are known for their high qualities by many astronomers and universities. We consider it our duty and obligation, not only to sell telescopes, but an indivdually selected telescope system, that brings you a lifetime of joy.