The QHY163 should have 17,5mm of backfokus, but please verify this in your camera manual as we don't have the camera here.
The 8" EdgeHD reducer requires a distance of 105mm to the sensor, so we have 87.5mm for the UFC.
2459128 - Adapter for SC-thread of the telescope/reducer - 1mm length
2459110 - UFC base - 13mm length
2459115 - T-2-Adapter with male thread, fits into your camera - 2mm length
For the remaining 71,5mm, you can use several extensions, e.g.
- Baader UFC S70 Extension 15mm # 2459142
- Baader UFC S70 Extension 40mm # 2459143
- Baader UFC S70 VariLock 15-20mm extension # 2459145
If you set the VariLock to 16.5mm, you should have the perfect distance.
You can also use the smaller T2-extension tubes and Varilocks instead:
- Baader T-2 / 40 mm Extension Tube (T-2 part #25B) # 1508153
- Baader VariLock 46, lockable T-2 ExtensionTube 29-46mm with spanner tool (T-2 part #25V) # 2956946
It is in general a good idea to keep the filters closer to the camera, so the UFC-extensions should be better that the T-2-extensions - the closer a filter is, the less will optical distortions of the filter be a problem.
In addition, you need the filter sliders according to your filters:
- Baader UFC 2" (M48) Filter Slider # 2459112
- Baader UFC D 50.4 Filter Slider # 2459113
- Baader UFC 50x50 Filter slider # 2459114
- Baader UFC D 36 mm AUX-Filter-Holder (requires #2459113) # 2459152
- Baader UFC 1¼" AUX-Filter-Holder (requires #2459113) # 2459153
Answer by: Baader Web Team (Admin) on Apr 23, 2019 12:38:00 PM