Product Questions and Answers
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
Astro-Physics EAGLE 6
6" Eagle Adjustable Folding Pier for use with the GTO-Mach1 German Equatorial Mount as well as produced previously Astro-Physics 400, 600 and 600E Series Mounts
Extremely versatile and flexible, transportable 28 lb. (12.7 kg) "HighTech" tripod.
The 6" Eagle can be adjusted as follows:
- Your mount will have an additional 30 degrees of azimuth adjustment in the Pier Adapter Slots
- Pier leg uneven ground adjustment range: 4" over a 36" distance, or 6.5 degrees of slope (while maintaining a minimum distance of 18" from the center of the pier to each foot)
- Pier measurements folded: 12" diameter x 32" length
- Pier height min: 24"
- Pier height max: 36" (with legs brought in to 36" diameter circle); 32" (with legs spread to 48" diameter circle)
- Pier leg maximum spread: 48" diameter circle
- Pier leg minimum recommended spread: 36" diameter circle
The practical height range of the pier is 24" to 36". Adjustment is made by moving the center column tube up or down within the two inner ring assemblies and by moving the legs in towards the center. Adding the optional 8" extension (# 1401031) that attaches to the top of the pier gives a total practical height of up to 44".
Please visit for further information and useful accessories the Original Website of Astro-Physics.
|Net weight (kg)||15.20|
|Tripod, Pillar or Flange?||Tripod|
|Tripod Weight||28 lb. (12.7 kg)|
|Tripod Height (Min)||24" (61 cm)|
|Tripod Height (Max)||36" (92 cm), 44" (112 cm) with 8" extension|