Attn. click above images for complex content
Images below shows a 6.33° × 3.88° large view of the Pleiades, also known as M45.
First figure shows a color composite from SDSS I' (mapped to red), R' (mapped green) and G' (mapped blue) filters.
The difference between the color channel is also visualized in the following figure where the color components from the image above can be compared interactively.
The following pictures are an attempt to compare the results from the SDSS filters with RGB shots.
|FOV:||6.33° × 3.88°|
|Date:||12/2021 to 01/2022|
|Instrument:||2-3 × Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S|
|Camera:||2-3 × QHY600L|
||North is up (exactly)|
|Scale:||3 arcsec/pixel (at full resolution)|
|Total exposure times:
||SDSS G': 5.0 h
SDSS R': 6.9 h
SDSS I': 5.1 h
All image processing steps are deterministic, i.e. there was no manual retouching or any other kind of non-reproducible adjustment.
Image processing steps where:
- Bias correction, dark current subtraction, flatfield correction, noise estimation
- Alignment and brightness calibration using stars from reference image
- Stacking with masking unlikely values and background correction
- Star subtraction
- Denoising and deconvolution
- Color composition
- Dynamic range compression using non-linear high-pass filter
- Tonal curve correction
- Gibson, S.J.; Nordsieck, K.H. (2003). "The Pleiades Reflection Nebula. II. Simple Model Constraints on Dust Properties and Scattering Geometry". The Astrophysical Journal. 589 (1): 362–377.
- P. A. B. Galli 1, L. Loinard 2,3 H. Bouy 1, L. M. Sarro 4, G. N. Ortiz-León 5, S. A. Dzib 5, J. Olivares 1, M. Heyer 6, J. Hernandez 7, C. Román-Zúñiga 7, M. Kounkel 8, and K. Covey, (2019). "Structure and kinematics of the Taurus star-forming region from Gaia-DR2 and VLBI astrometry". Astronomy & Astrophysics 630: A137.