Product Questions and Answers
Do you have a question about this product? Then we would like to ask you to first look through the existing questions and answers, most likely your question has already been answered and you will get the desired information much faster this way. Your question is not listed? Then please click on the button "Ask a question".
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
For adapting any cell mounted Baader 2 inch Filter onto a camera lens with 52mm front filter thread you will need:
#2408166 Baader DSLR 2" Filter-Holder M48 / SP54: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-dslr-2%22-filter-holder-m48sp54.html
#2958052 Baader Lens-Adapter-Ring SP54 / M52: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-hyperion-dt-ring-sp54m52-for-dtadapter-iiandiii-and-hyperion-eyepieces.html
Based on the SP54 thread, we offer many more adapters for various camera threads, our so-called Hyperion DT-rings. https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=sp54
Both thread sizes come with our proprietary pitch - which is not the same for the female and male threads.
This is our own proprietary "emergency solution" for uniting a world were manufacturers all over the world copy from each other - to the point that there are almost a dozen different pitches in use for male and female threads. Traditionally US-companies used to do a UNF-based pitch and the rest of the world went for metric threads - but these do vary from 0.5 to 0.75.
For this reason it does not make sense to publish our non standard pitch because our pitch is made to cope with all existing metric and US-pitch standards - and as said - our solution has evolved from sheer necessity. It is a mixture of a queer pitch and under-/over-dimensioning . We will not want to declare this as a standard and get bashed up for it. It works for us and is a result of 20 years adaptation to fit our filters onto all crazy threads we have seen. And inspite of this - every now and then there comes another "dragonboat-eyepiece" were even our filters may not fit...
1¼" and 2" Baader Fringe-Killer Color Correction-Filter
Planeoptically polished with Phantom Group CoatingBaader Fringe Killer
The Fringe-Killer (Fringe = colour fringing) blocks unfocused light in the red part of the spectrum (IR) uo to 100% - but above all suppresses over 50% of the interfering stray light in the blue spectral range - without changing the colour impression of the image.
The most delicate details of lunar craters and planetary surfaces can be seen with a much higher contrast.
The Baader Fringe-Killer Color Correction-Filter prevents unwanted colour fringes in both the blue spectral range and in the NIR above 700 nm! The visual impact initially corresponds to a minus violet filter, as opposed to this but the image colour remains broadly balanced. In itself a contradiction in terms? It can only be implemented by applying modern DWDM plasma assisted coating technology, which allows the application of approximately 100 individual layers on a flat-optically polished face surface perfectly and reproducibly without compromising visual quality. This fine optical precision tool also allows inexpensive China-refractors to reach the promised imaging performance. The reduction of chromatic aberration corresponds to what is achieved by corrections-lens systems, which usually cost 20 times more.Example of Sirius with and without the Fringe Killer
For comparison please click
The Baader Fringe Killer Overview
Facts and Figures
The clearly visible colour correction of the Baader Fringe Killer. For comparison please click
- Is due to its construction both visually and photographically a very valuable aid
- Removes blue fringing as well as red fringing above 700nm.
- Forms in the range between 450 to 480 nm with a plateau at around 50% transmission rate, the coating becomes more complex to produce than even the narrowest Nebula filters.
- Achieved in the passband the highest transmission of all previously available colour fringe, whether filter or correction lens. From 486-656 nm all relevant deep sky wavelengths are completely transmitted. Visually this is enough light for even high magnifications.
- Above of 656 nm (H-alpha), at 660nm, the transmission sinks very fast. In the NIR at 670nm, transmission is already down to 50%, and at 690nm it is already close to zero. The NIR is fully blocked up to 1150nm. This way, details on planets are shown much clearer when using CCD/CMOS-cameras, too.
The Highlights of the Baader Fringe Killer Color Correction-Filter
- Provides the brightest image of all industrially produced colour error correction systems. Thus the Fringe Killer is a must for even the smallest telescopes.
- Removes blue fringing as well as red fringing above 700nm.
- Cancels the devastating intensity of the disturbing purple fringing in a new form, which was never implemented to date in astronomical filters
- Even weak nuances remain clearly visible in the planet due to the excellent colour balance.
- In conjunction with an RG-610 Red Filter produces a narrowband Ha-pass filter with an only 70 nm wide windows and 95% light transmission - at an incredibly low price!
- The combination with the Neodymium Skyglow Filter (with Phantom-Group-Coating) results in a balanced, breathtaking contrast to the observation of fine lunar and planetary details.
- Planeoptically polished for perfect sharpness, even when the filter is assembled well before the focal point (or binocular digital camera insert).
- No deterioration of resolution with high magnification - as would happen with flame-polished (raw polished) glass, commonly used for all sorts of filters!
- Hight Quality Coating: Plasma-enhanced dielectric coatings result in hard, scratch-resistant and waterproof filters. Almost 50 layers on either side, carefully positioned as not to impair the optical quality of the substrate surface
- Makes the performance of a simple f/8 economy refractor look like a classic f/15 Fraunhofer achromat. See it to believe it!
|Technical Data not yet specified||Please choose product variant from dropdown above to see technical data of your chosen product|