But we can upgrade the binos in our optical lab, so that they will not lose their collimation. Please use the contact form at the bottom of the page to send us an email; we cannot offer this service in our webshop.
The best and much more versatile solution would be the 2"-SC-Clicklock #2956220 (for telescopes up to 9,25") and a 2"/1,25"-reducer like Baader 2" to 1¼" ClickLock Reducer (T-2 part #15B) # 2956214 - then you can also use 2"-eyepieces and have a much larger field of view.
If you look into the Clicklock clamp, you will see too clamping bars - they should vanish completely into the housing when the Clicklock is open. You may have to give them a small push once.
But you should be able to insert the Barlow or any 1.25" eyepiece at least a little bit into the Clicklock.
For further advice, we need some more information - can insert it only a little bit into the Clicklock or not at all?
The Baader ClickLock®-System (1¼" / 2") in an overview
Never before has an eyepiece clamp for amateur astronomy been so elaborately crafted.Change eyepieces in seconds – with just one turn
The Baader ClickLock (1¼" / 2") is a precisely fitting, very massive eyepiece clamp without clamping screws (!). Inserted eyepieces, CCD cameras and similar accessories are securely held in place, locked against rotation and won't be scratched in any way! With a small turn of 20°, each eyepiece is firmly clamped. You will never have to handle small locking screws again – instead, just rotate the top of the eyepiece clamp for a few degrees, and the eyepiece will be firmly fixed. This is also no problem with gloves on!
Our various ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece. The clamp is very expensive to assemble, the price therefore initially may appear high for "nothing more than" a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision and stability, it's well worth the money.
You do not have to tighten the ClickLock clamps with brutal force, because the mechanical principle comes from professional mechanical engineering. This is how the tool holder in modern CNC milling centers works. Clever use of leverage multiplies the torque. The inserted object is held on three sides similar to a quick-action chuck and can therefore no longer carry out any tilting movements.
Details on the 1¼" ClickLock clamp (T-2 part #8)
Unscrewing the micro focus ring will reveal a T-2 male thread underneath, which can be used to mount T-2 spacers, T-rings, digital T-adapters, and digital cameras. In this way, every 1¼ "eyepiece can be changed instantly - and even be focussed! No annoying screw is in the way, and the rotation of the clamping is so short that a very slight hand movement is sufficient -an eyepiece clamp has never been easier. Heavy CCD cameras can be connected securely with just a moderate amount of tightening force!
Our T-2® system offers many more bayonet quick changer and rotators to safely secure any imaginable recording device. There are three different digital T-adapters and about 20 digital T-rings for almost all digital camera brands available!
1¼" ClickLock Highlights
- no clamping screws
- extremely strong/secure clamping with just a slight turn (about 20 ° rotation
- no damage to the eyepiece barrels
- clamping principle from professional engineering - like a quick-action chuck, from the tool holder of CNC milling machines
- seven precision milled parts with complex assembly result in the most user-friendly eyepiece clamp of all time, designed in Germany!
- low price despite the highest production costs
- accepts all 1¼ "eyepiece types with any locking groove
- eyepiece-side T-2 thread - transforms your eyepiece clamp into an eyepiece projection holder!
- Connections for most digital cameras optional
- Focusing thread (for use on a T-2 Zenit prism) with 5mm stroke and 0.5mm fine thread, lets you focus a SC optics directly on the eyepiece - without mirror shift.
- Resolves all adjustment problems - every 1¼ "eyepiece or measuring device (eg laser colli) is adjusted automatically parallel to the axis - even with diameter deviations.
Application examples on 1¼" ClickLock clamp
|Optical length (mm)||32 - 38|
|T-2 Part #||08|
|Usage||schnelle Klemmung von jedem 1¼" Zubehör|
|Inner Diameter / Clear Aperture (mm)||31,75 (1¼")|
|Inner Connection (lens sided)||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75)|
|Inner Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided)||Clamp, 1¼"|
|Outer Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided)||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75)|
|Compatible Brands||Baader Planetarium|
|Type of Adapter||ClickLock, Eyepiece Clamp|