For adapting any cell mounted Baader 2 inch Filter onto a camera lens with 52mm front filter thread you will need:
#2408166 Baader DSLR 2" Filter-Holder M48 / SP54: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-dslr-2%22-filter-holder-m48sp54.html
#2958052 Baader Lens-Adapter-Ring SP54 / M52: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-hyperion-dt-ring-sp54m52-for-dtadapter-iiandiii-and-hyperion-eyepieces.html
Based on the SP54 thread, we offer many more adapters for various camera threads, our so-called Hyperion DT-rings. https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=sp54
Both thread sizes come with our proprietary pitch - which is not the same for the female and male threads.
This is our own proprietary "emergency solution" for uniting a world were manufacturers all over the world copy from each other - to the point that there are almost a dozen different pitches in use for male and female threads. Traditionally US-companies used to do a UNF-based pitch and the rest of the world went for metric threads - but these do vary from 0.5 to 0.75.
For this reason it does not make sense to publish our non standard pitch because our pitch is made to cope with all existing metric and US-pitch standards - and as said - our solution has evolved from sheer necessity. It is a mixture of a queer pitch and under-/over-dimensioning . We will not want to declare this as a standard and get bashed up for it. It works for us and is a result of 20 years adaptation to fit our filters onto all crazy threads we have seen. And inspite of this - every now and then there comes another "dragonboat-eyepiece" were even our filters may not fit...
DSO photography from the skies Bortle 7 with refractor f7.5 and Newton f4.8
1) Will you take orders for the 65mm square versions as soon as orders open ?
2) Is there a new LRGB set that has Life-Coat and is CMOS optimised ? What is the link if so ?
I am very excited about your new filters !
Eventually we will bring the new coating tech into the field of RGB-filters - but please understand that this still will take considerable time. The financial burden to enter into new technological fields are big. At this time we are concentrating entirely, to show that this new CMOS-optimized coating tech is really as good as our early testers confirmed.
As soon as more people know about this and can confirm it with their imaging results, we hope this will pave the way to extend this tech into other fields. However - far more important than the RGB-filters are both families of photometric filters (SLOAN & UBVIR) which are in demand at this time - to be produced in the same quality grade and "to be available at all". We are working on this very hard and once the community can access SLOAN (u,g,r, i,z-s,y) filters at "down to earth prices" this will also open the field for totally new ways of "RGB-like" imaging, for new optics to work in NIR asf.
This new generation of Baader CMOS-filters features:
- Increased contrast
- Ever more narrow passbands
- Reflex-Blocker™ coatings, for largest ever freedom from halos, even under most adverse conditions concerning aux-optics
- FWHM on each filter category carefully designed to allow for 1:1:1 exposures, matched for typical CMOS quantum efficiency and s/n ratio
- Identical filter thickness to existing standards, with utmost care for parfocality
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a black frontside outer rim, to additionally eliminate any reflection due to light falling onto the edge of a filter
- Each filter coated individually, with sealed coating edge (NOT cut out of a larger plate with coatings left exposed, read more)
- Life-Coat™: evermore hard coatings to enable a non-aging coating for life – even in a most adverse environment
Further information, test reviews, image results...
... can be found on our detailed Blogpost:WE FOUND THE WAY
New CMOS-optimized Baader (Ultra-)Narrowband and Highspeed Filters
This entry was posted on May 8, 2021 by.
|Technical Data not yet specified||Please choose product variant from dropdown above to see technical data of your chosen product|