140mm f/7.5 StarFire EDF Triplet Apochromatic with 4" Focuser
Astro-Physics introduced the prototype of this triplet apochromatic refractor at the Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) on April 28, 2007. The telescope with its clear aperture of 140mm is ideal for visual as well as for photographic observations.
Technical specifications of the 140mm EDF:
- Clear aperture 140mm (5.5"), focal length 1050mm (41.5"), 3 oil-spaced lenses
- Compact, lightweight tube assembly, fully baffled
- Multi-coating technology will provide optimum light transmission greater than 97% (540mm)
- The 140EDF will be offered with a 4" greaseless focusers. The focuser features the FeatherTouch 9:1 dual-speed reduction knobs. The focusers are positioned so that the Baader Planetarium Mark V Binocular Viewer will come to focus without the 1.25x compensator. This allows the user to see glorious wide-field views with both eyes.
- Tube assembly with 4" Focuser, incl. dew shield
- 2,7", 2" and 1,25" adapter and large 4" extension (4" Focuser)
- Wood case
For further information and useful accessories about the 140mm f/7.5 StarFire EDF-4 Triplet Apochromat Refractor please visit the original website of Astro-Physics. If you are interested, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.com or call us.
Test images taken with the Astro-Physics 140 F7.5 Starfire EDF Refractor at f/5.7:
|Manufacturer SKU (#)||140EDF4|
|Optical Design||Apochromatic Refractor|
|Clear Aperture||140 mm (5.5")|
|Optical Coatings||Multi-layer, broadband, overall transmission greater than 97% in peak visual wavelengths|
|Magnification (x)||18x to 550x|
|Tube (Material)||White, 6.5" aluminum tube, baffled, flat black interior, push-pull lens cell, engraved retaining ring|
|Optical length (mm)||940 mm (37") with dewcap fully retracted|
|Focuser||4" Focuser with rotating collar, rack and pinion with FeatherTouch Micro 9:1dual-speed reduction, 2", 2,7" and 1,25" adapter, 4" extension|