Astro-Physics GTO Keypad with Keypad Protector for all GTO mounts
All mounts of Astro-Physics can be operated completely via the keypad. A PC or laptop is not needed.
The Keypad is a self-contained handheld computer that allows you to control all essential telescope functions and includes an extensive database of objects. Astro-Physics has designed this unit to be as intuitive and easy to use as possible, while filling it with terrific features to make your observing session productive and pleasurable.
- red backlit alphanumeric keypad and red 4-line by 20-character data display
- the Vacum-fluorescent display rated to -40 degrees F or C (F and C are equivalent at this temperature) allows hardy observers to view or image on cold winter nights (please contact us if you wish to operate the mount in severe temperatures below -20F)
- set tracking, guiding, centering and slewing rates
- directional N-S-E-W keys provide immediate response when you wish to center an object or cruise the surface of the moon
- sets R.A. and declination reversal (E-W reversal in R.A. and N-S reversal in Dec.) for correct object orientation and movement in eyepiece
- PEM - Periodic Error Memory (make your correction just once, remains in memory permanently) - turns this feature on and off
- set R.A. and declination backlash control
- quick and easy polar alignment routines
- enter catalog or common star number, solar system object, R.A./Dec. (or Alt/Az coordinates or common name of object; press GO TO and your telescope will automatically slew to the object
- search and tour functions assist you to plan observing session
- display will indicate if object is below horizon and cancel slewing request
- continuous readout of current position
- more than 17,000 objects in extensive databases: Messier (110), NGC (7840), IC (5,386), ADS double stars (215), Abell galaxy clusters (2,712), calibration stars by common name (200), Greek star names by constellation (1053), common objects (100), planets (8) , Moon and Sun.
- select one of three preprogrammed park positions
- activate meridian swap delay function to allow astrophographers to take a series of images for a mosaic near the meridian without the mount swapping sides
- SmartGuide control provides variable speed capability to both axes.
- Altitude/Azimuth display allows you to position the mount for fixed targets to any Alt/Az point. This is great for taking dark frames
- What's Up Now function will suggest objects to view based on what is actually above the horizon at the time
- External Auto Connect mode allows primary mount control from an external computer and places the GTO Keypad into a secondary role for seamless operation in computer dominated applications like remote imaging
- Reference Park allows you to start the mount in the field by placing the telescope in Park1 position for quick daytime polar alignment
- future firmware upgrades available through internet downloads. If required, all mounts can also be controlled via the following external software packages:
- Desktop Universe Earth Centered Universe (ECU)
- SkyMap Pro
- Starry Night Pro
- any software that is ASCOM compliant. Be sure that you update to the most current ASCOM V2 driver, which is supported by Astro-Physics
The Keypad can be used with all versions of the Astro-Physics GTO Control Boxes: GTOCP1, GTOCP2, GTOCP3 and GTOCP4.
Compatible mounts include: Mach1GTO, 1100GTO, 1600GTO, 3600GTO and the older 400GTO, 600EGTO, 900GTO and 1200GTO.
Specifications of the Keypad
Pre-defined Tracking Rates Sidereal, solar, lunar and stop (Note: lunar rate is R.A. only, and does not include the moon's movement in declination.) Rate selections for Auto-guider port 0.25x, 0.5x, 1x Pre-defined Direction Button Rates 0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 12x, 64x for centering and manual guiding. 600x, 1200x for rapid button movement. (Actual rates will be slower for 3600GTO mounts and for older 400GTO / 600EGTO mounts with the 32:1 gearboxes. Keypad display will still read 600 or 1200 - see below for actual rates) Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - All 900GTO, 1200GTO and Mach1GTO 600x, 900x and 1200x ( top speed - 5 degrees per second) Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - 3600GTO and 3600GTOPE 300x, 450x and 600x ( top speed - 2.5 degrees per second) Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - 400GTO and 600EGTO with 32:1 gearbox 590x, 860x and 980x (Top speed dependent on available voltage from power supply. Note that these rates differ from those in the GTOCP2 - 460x, 580x, and 675x)
For detailed information about the GTO Keypad please visit the original website of Astro-Physics.
If you have any further questions, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.de or call us.
|Manufacturer SKU (#)||KEYVFK|
|Weight (kg)||1 pound 8 ounces, including cable and KEYPRO (680 grams)|
|Keypad||Red LED fiber optic backlit, alphanumeric|
|Display Screen||4x20 character alphanumeric|