Product Questions and Answers
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
Astro-Physics GTO-CP4 Controll Box for Servo Drive
All GTO mounts produced since 1998 can be easily upgraded
Features of the GTO-CP4:
- completely redesigned with modern chip technology resulting in faster processing speed and increased memory capacity for future feature additions
- GTOCP4 supports floating point operands to improve calculation accuracy and coordinate conversions
- direct download of future firmware updates for the GTOCP4 (very quick and easy) as well as the Keypad
- USB 2.0. Ruggedized version is rated for very warm and cold temperatures and is dust tight and water resistant
- Ethernet can be point-to-point w/PC or networked without user configuration. Simply enter the IP address into the browser URL and gain access to the GTOCP4 Web interface. This will provide easy configuration of your Ethernet and WiFi connections and upload of firmware updates. Additionally, since the Web interface is built into the GTOCP4, you can access it on any operating system that supports a Web browser without having to install any special software.
- WiFi to enable connection of your mobile devices or PC to control your mount. Can be point-to-point for field use, or connected to a WiFi network. Specify your preference and turn the options on or off within the GTOCP4 browser interface.
- RS-232 ports
- integrates all functions of the Absolute and the Precision Encoders and mechanical Limit Switches. Secondary boxes are not utilized. This results in faster response rate when guiding
- applies Safety Slew logic to all slew commands regardless of source - Keypad or any computer program
- 12V - 24V DC power. Servo control system operates from a readily available 12 volt source, so it can run for long periods in the field. Compatible with standard automotive or marine batteries
- includes features from the latest version of the GTOCP3
- Backward Compatibility: All of this is in a compact size that fits all previous GTO mounts (400 GTO, 600 E, Mach 1, 900/1100/1200/1600 and 3600 GTO). Adapters may be required.
Please visit for detailed information the Original Website of Astro-Physics:
- GTO-CP4 and GTO-CP3
- Upgrade to GTO-CP4 Control Box
- Control Your GTO Mounts with your Keypad, Computer or Mobile Smart Devices
If you have any further questions, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.de or call us.
|Net weight (kg)||0.84|
|Standards||Meets FCC and CE standards; Lead-free electronics|
|Motor and Electronics|
|Power Supply||portable 12V battery pack, deep-cycle or marine battery 110 to nominal 12V DC Power Supply (5 amp minimum, regulated and well-filtered to prevent spikes). For the 1600GTO and 1200GTO mounts with a heavy load in colder climates and for the 3600GTO, we reco|