iXon Ultra 897 & 888 by Andor Technology
The iXon EMCCD camera series offers a wide range of outstanding features - such as
- TE vacuum cooling down to -100°C,
- extremely low noise, and an EM recalibration technology (EMCAL),
- alongside anti-ageing protection.
Furthermore, Andor’s unique ‘Crop Mode' can be employed to further boost frame rates from a user defined sub-region. The iXon Ultra is currently the most flexible and the most user-friendly EMCCD camera on the market and can be adapted to the requirements of a wide variety of applications with a single click using ‘OptAcquire’.
Additional features of the iXon Ultra include
- ‘plug and play’ USB connectivity,
- a lower noise conventional CCD mode and an additional Camera Link output,
- offering the unique ability to directly access data for ‘on the fly’ processing, ideally suited for applications such as adaptive optics.
The highly innovative iXon Ultra 888 has a sensor size of 1024 x 1024 and is a back-illuminated EMCCD camera offering single photon sensitivity across a large field of view, at 26 fps.
The iXon Ultra 897 platform takes the popular back-illuminated 512 x 512 frame transfer sensor and overclocks readout to 17 MHz, pushing speed performance to an outstanding 56 fps (full frame), whilst maintaining single photon sensitivity and quantitative stability throughout.
Further information about Andor’s iXON EMCCD cameras can be found on Andor Technology's website.
- Adaptive Optics,
- Exoplanet Studies,
- Lucky and Speckle Imaging,
- Guide Camera,
- High Time Resolution Astrophysics,
- Transient Observations
In case you have further questions, please contact us via kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.de
Please note that additional information and spec sheets are available in the “downloads” section.
|Sensor Size||13.3 x 13.3 mm (iXon Ultra 888) | 8.2 x 8.2 mm (iXon Ultra 897)|
|A/D Conversion||16 -Bit-A/D-Converter|
|Read Noise (RMS)||<1 with EM Gain|
|Cooling||down to -100°C|
|Ex Trigger In||Yes|
|Ex Trigger Out||Yes|