Product Questions and Answers
Do you have a question about this product? Then we would like to ask you to first look through the existing questions and answers, most likely your question has already been answered and you will get the desired information much faster this way. Your question is not listed? Then please click on the button "Ask a question".
If you have not found a suitable answer, you can ask your question here.
The programme "ComPortMan" by Uwe Sieber should make it possible to set the COM-port numbers permanently. You may want to try it out: www.uwe-sieber.de/ComPortMan.html Please note that this software does not originate from us and we therefore cannot assume any guarantee for it.
Controller for Baader Steeldrive II motor unit
The controller is used for manual operation of the Steeldrive II Motor Unit (#2957265 , € 275,- ) with the keypad as well as to connect it to a computer. The control electronics are built into this unit.
A control unit can control one motor unit at a time, but you can use a computer to control several controllers parallel.
The intuitive hand control makes it possible to find and save the focus point very fast. Several modes are available to move the focuser:
- Normal mode: The focuser moves as long as a key is pressed.
- Jogging mode: Each keystroke moves the focuser for a distance which is configurable in the SteelGo-software (e.g. 0.1 mm).
- Single step mod: Each keystroke moves the focuser for the smallest possible way (ca. 2.5 micrometer).
The configuration of limits, saving and resetting of positions and (de)activating of the temperature control can also be done with the hand control. Brightness of backlight illumination and status LEDs are also configurable.
The motor unit and focuser are not included.
Scope of Delivery of the Steeldrive II Controllers # 2957260
- Steeldrive II (SD II) Controller Gehäuse
- Micro-USB Cable (3 m)
- 12V / 1.5A power supply with EU-plug
- Further plugs for US- and UK-sockets
- Velcro tapes (cable ties) for strain-relieving cable management
- Additional Temperature sensor for Steeldrive II, cable included (#2957263 , € 21,- )
- Metal Magnet Ring for Homing Sensor (Steeldrive II) (#2957264 , € 73,- ) – fitting for Baader Diamond Steeltrack® focusers
- Mini DIN / Cinch adapter cable to connect heat pads (Steeldrive II) (#2957262 , € 29,- )
For further accessories like adapters to use the SD II motor unit with other focusers, please visit www.baader-planetarium.com/bds
|Net weight (kg)||0.38|
|Power Output||12V/1A PWM|
|Power consumption||ca. 0,7 Watt|
|Software||SteelGo Software zum Download|