Optec Perseus 4 Port Instrument Changer
Optec's 4-port Instrument Selector allows the remote observatory user the ability to remotely select any of four instrument packages attached to their telescope.
The photo shows a top view of the selector with two different CCD cameras, a single channel SSP photometer, and a separate TCF-S focuser and eyepiece.
The 4-port selector is being demonstrated in the video below on a Meade 8-inch Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. However, it's really designed for at least a C11 class telescope. This is a robust design and intended for permanent observatory instruments only.
There are four instrument ports - three 2-inch ports and one 3-inch port available with the Perseus. In the video, the mirror is not yet attached to the prototype but it is an 1/8th wave first surface elliptical mirror with a 3-inch minor axis.
The embedded circuit has a single push button interface for use at the telescope and an RS232 DB9 interface for remote control. LED indicators show the currently selected instrument.
Specifications at a glance:
- Overall Height: 7.00" (17.8cm)
- Main Body Diameter: 4.25" (10.8cm)
- Weight: approx. 5 lb. (2.25 kg)
- Telescope Adapter: OPTEC-3600 Female Dovetail Mount
- Instrument Ports: Three 2-inch & One 3-inch
- Primary Port #1:
- Mechanical Interface: OPTEC-3600 Male Dovetail
- Clear Aperture: 3.0" (76mm)
- Back-focus usage: 4.5" (11.4 cm)
- Secondary Ports #2, #3, #4:
- Primary Mechanical Interface: OPTEC-2400 Male Dovetail
- Clear Aperture: 2.1" (53mm)
- Back-focus usage: 4.3" (11.0cm)
- Secondary Interface: Knurled Parfocal adjusting OPTEC-2300 Receiver
- Clear Aperture: 1.9" (48mm)
- Back-focus usage: 5.0" to 5.5" (12.7cm to 14cm)
- Total Parfocal Travel: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Mounting Options: T-thread, SCT thread, C-mount, Pentax
- Control Interface: Push-button Selection
- Communications Interface: RS-232 serial with DB9 connector
- Software Interface: Dedicated Applet and serial command interface
Detailed information about the Optec Motorfocuser Program by Baader Planetarium can be found here.
If you have any further questions, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.de.
Please note the additional details on the Tab "Downloads"
|Inner Diameter / Clear Aperture (mm)||depend on the Dovetail system|
|Weight (kg)||approx. 5 lb. (2.25 kg)|
|Software||Dedicated Applet and serial command interface|
|Height (mm)||7.00" (17.8cm)|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 serial with DB9 connector|
|Instrument Ports||Three 2-inch & One 3-inch ports|