If you don't want to send us your scope, we would need precise measurements of the thread sizes / pitch as well as measurements or specs from your telescope to evaluate the backfocus. Please send images of all measuring steps.
I can not find reduction ring for my scope. Thanks.
drawing with all neccessary data about:
I would like to change the focuser with your steeltrack RT, is it possible? Wich kind of adapter is useful for?
telescop. As you can see under "related products" we have a M88x1 and M93x1 adapter availabe.
Actually it is made for the BDS NT (Newton) and is 5mm thick. As you can see in the technical drawing the 88mm diameter
dovetail is 7mm high so the body will overhang the 2mm at the telescope side. Certainly it should be easy to fill this distance
to make it possible using the BDS RT onto the telescope. Anyway please see the drawings carefully that may be the inner
tube of the BDS don´t collide.
Thanks and regards
Now you´re able to screw the Diamond Steel track focuser onto your telescope.
General Specifications for all Baader Diamond Steeltrack® (BDS) focusers:
- True diamonds form a micro-geared high precision drive system never accomplished before
- In comparison to conventional crayford or rack & pinion drives, this micro-geared movement has zero backlash, zero cogging, and zero flexure
- Diamond Steeltrack 2" focusers lift a payload of 6kg (13 lbs) straight up, without slipping, without excessive bearing preload (bearing preload can be increased further if necessary)
- Bearing system utilizes unbreakable Instrument Grade Roller-Bearings instead of simpler Ball Bearings - handles higher loads with greater rigidity and accuracy. No Teflon-pads anywhere
- 1:10 Stainless Steel fine-focus mechanism, ready for attachment of the optional Diamond Steeldrive temperature-compensating motor drive system
- Detachable drive block assembly is reversible for right hand or left hand fine-focus operation and for attaching the Diamond Steeldrive motor block
- Shortest possible mechanical design achieves optimum balance between focuser height (backfocus) and rigidity requirements
- Zero shift locking knob to precisely stop any movement without affecting optical axis adjustment
- S58 Dovetail ring-clamp built into focusing tube for accepting optional T-2 / M48 / M68 and other S58 direct-thread adapters to enable direct thread connection of accessories and cameras without 2" clamp
- 2" eyepiece clamp with hardened bronze clamp ring (length of clamp: 12.5mm / ½") included as standard
- Optionally available 2" Baader Clicklock-clamp w. integrated S58 dovetail (added length: 16mm / 5/8")
- Two auxiliary threads (M60x1 and M55x0,75) cut into the RT & NT focusing-tube for attachment of dedicated field flatteners or focal reducers/correctors
- Each bearing individually adjustable for precise alignment of mechanical vs. optical axis
- Ultra-hard subzero coated bearing races – precision milled and much harder than anodizing or stainless steel
- Oversized 55mm inner clear diameter, to prevent vignetting, with anti-reflection knife-edge baffles
|Focuser Travel||80 mm|
|Payload Capacity (kg)||6 kg|
|Inner Diameter / Clear Aperture (mm)||55|
|Shortest overall height (standard)||78 mm|
|Shortest overall height (w. opt. adapters)||65 mm|
|Motorized||No, but can be upgraded|
|Special Features||True diamonds form a micro-geared high precision drive system|
|Included Accessories||Adapters available or under development to fit a wide variety of refractor telescopes|
|Inner Connection (lens sided)||Thread, M60|
|Outer Connection (lens sided)||Thread, Dovetail ring, M68 x 1, S88|
|Inner Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided)||Thread, Clamp, Dovetail ring clamp, M55, S58, 2" (50,8mm)|
|Optional Accessories||Baader Steeldrive temperature compensating motor drive system|
|Focuser size||2 inch|