PlaneWave CDK1000 - Nasmyth Astrograph f/6.0
The PlaneWave CDK1000 is a fully automated 1-meter class telescope observatory system.
Das PW1000 is a complete telescope
- featuring a direct drive altitude-azimuth (Alt-Az) mounting system
- with a diffraction-limited 100mm image circle. The PW1000 is designed to excel at imaging on the largest format CCD cameras available today
- Dual Nasmyth focus ports, allowing simultaneous mounting of two instruments and easy switching between imaging and visual use
- light-weighted optics, are made of zero expansion fused silica materials for excellent thermal stability and maximum throughput
- Zero backlash
- Zero periodic error
- PointXP mount modeling software
- Integrated field de-rotator / rotational field framing
- Integrated primary mirror shutter cover
Concerning the PW1000 we shall gladly provide a detailed offer for: f4.5 reducer, optional derotator-units for different instrument loads, heavy duty focusers suited to mount onto both sides of the fork arms depending on instr. load, tertiary mirror assembly to move the image into either side of the fork, remote dew heater units, remote controlled tube covers, light shrouds and tangent assemblies complement the instrument outfit
Benefits of Nasmyth Focus: The Nasmyth Focus is along the altitude axis so there are virtually no balancing issue as you change out equipment. Eyepieces remain at a constant wheelchair-accessible height, greatly simplifying access to the telescope for public observatories. The rotating tertiary mirror allows you to switch from one Nasmyth port to the other in just seconds, allowing observers to easily transition between imaging and visual use
The PlaneWave CDK1000 uses the same proven technology as the CDK700. Many CDK700s are deployed around the world at various institutions such as: Caltech, Harvard, Penn State, University of New South Wales, Simon Frasier University, University of Montana and University of Hamburg, and many more.
- Optics: Fused Silica has a coefficient of thermal expansion six times lower than Borosilicate (Pyrex) glass, which means that as it cools down, fused silica preserves its shape to a high degree of accuracy. This translates into consistent optical performance and unchanging focus over temperature changes.
- Drive: Direct Drive motors and absolute on-axis encoders eliminate the need for reduction gears, thereby eliminating backlash and periodic error. With high-resolution encoders providing the feedback for the direct drive motors, not only will the telescope track without periodic error and backlash, the mount will also counter wind gusts with precise servo feedback. The direct drive motors can move the telescope at incredible speeds for tracking satellites or just to minimize target acquisition time.
- Tertiary Mirror: The PW1000 includes an integrated rotator for the tertiary mirror, with magnetic locks to position the mirror precisely at either Nasmyth focus position. The rotator can move from one port to the other in under 10 seconds.
- Pointing Accuracy: Better than 10 arcsecond RMS with PointXP Model
To the left are two simulations showing the CDK's stunning performance. The first is a spot diagram and the second is a diffraction simulation. The spot diagram for 40" CDK optics on the optical axis, 35mm- and 50 mm off-axis.
The sqaures in the diagram are 9 micrometer (0.009 mm) wide.
The graphic on the right shows the image quality and the vignetting of the 100mm field of view of the CDK 1000.
Aperture 1000 mm (39.37inch) Focal Length 6000 mm Focal ratio f/6 Central Obstruction 47% of the Primary Mirror Diameter Back Focus from Mounting Surface of de-rotator 373mm (14.7 inches) Weight 2600 lbs lbs(1180 kg) OTA Tube Dual truss structure with Nasmyth focus Optical Performance 3.7 micron RMS spots [35mm on-axis] (400 to 900nm) 5.0 micron RMS spots [50mm off-axis] (400 to 900nm Dimensions 135" H x 72" W x 45" Focus Position Dual Nasmyth Focus Ports Image Scale 29 microns per arcsecond at F/6 Optimal Field of View 100mm (1.0 degrees)
Fork Assembly Space Frame Steel Truss Fork Base Welded stainless steel torsion box Azimuth Bearing Dual 11.125 inch tapered roller bearings Altitude Bearing Three 9.5 inch 4 way loaded ball bearings (two pre-loaded on motor side and one on non motor side) Optical Tube Dual truss structure with Nasmyth focus Instrument Payload 300 lbs (150 ft-lbs) - mounted on the field de-rotator plate
Motor Control Industrial grade Parker brushless motor control system and built in electronics Motor - Azimuth and Altitude Direct Drive 3 Phase Axial-Flux Torque Motor Encoder - Azimuth and Altitude Absolute encoder with a resolution of 0.078 arcseconds (16.5 million counts per revolution) Motor Torque Greater than 200 ft-lbs of peak torque Drive Electronics Controls the altitude and azimuth motors and encoders, 2 direct drive de-rotators with absolute encoders, 4 fans zones, 3 dew heater zones, two focusers, an array of temperature sensors, M3 port selector, primary mirror covers and magnetic axis deceleration Telescope Control Software Incorporates PointXP mount modeling software and All Sky PlateSolve both by Dave Rowe. Also included is automatic focusing, dew heater control, primary mirror cover control, dome control and all ASCOM compatible. Linux and Windows compatible.
Pointing Accuracy Better than 10 arcsecond RMS with PointXP Model Pointing Precision 2 arcsecond Tracking Accuracy <1 arcsecond error over 10 minute period System Natural Frequency 10 Hz or greater Field De-Rotator Accuracy <3 microns of peak to peak error at 35mm off-axis over 1 hour of tracking (18 arc sec)
Radius of Curvature 6260 mm (246.46 inches) Optical Diameter 1000 mm (39.4 inch) Outer Diameter 1020mm (40.157inch) Core Diameter 360.7 mm (14.2 inches) Material Fused Silica Primary Thickness 85 mm (3.3 inches) Primary Weight 122 lbs. (54% light weighted) Cell 18 point
Radius of Curvature 5740 mm (226 inches) Optical Diameter 450 mm (17.7 inches) Material Fused Silica
Optical Major Diameter 404 mm (15.9 inches) Optical Minor Diameter 286 mm (11.3 inches) Material Fused Silica M3 Thickness 65 mm (2.6 inches)
|Manufacturer SKU (#)||1000101|
|Optical Design||Corrected Dall-Kirkham (CDK)|
|Back Focus Distance||14,7" (373 mm) from Mounting Surface of de-rotator|
|Aperture (mm)||39.37" (1000 mm)|
|Focal Length||6000 mm (236,22 inch)|
|Image Field||100 mm|
|Central Obstruction||47% of the Primary Mirror Diameter|
|Image Scale||29 microns per arcsecond at F/6|
|Weight (lbs)||2600 lbs lbs (1180 kg)|