The current delivery time, so fare I know is 2-3 month for a new order. But it depends on the current shedule from Planewave.
If you have a demand for your project, please send us a E-Mail.
L-Series Direct Drive Mounts
Alt-Az / Equatorial Direct Drive Mount
The L-Series combines versatility, simplicity and affordability by combining all the technology of our Observatory class telescopes into a compact stand-alone mount.
- L-500 is designed for the CDK17/20 and can hold payload of over 200 lbs.
- L-600 is ideal for the CDK24 and can hold up to 300 lbs. (more information coming soon)
The mount is equipped with direct drives motors as well as high-resolution encorders. The software is ASCOM compatible and the direct drive motors can move the telescope at incredible speeds for tracking satellites.
In its Alt/Az configuration it is considerably more compact than its equatorial counterpart, allowing a larger telescope to fit in a smaller enclosure. The mass it takes to make a rigid alt/az mount is substantially less, leading to cost savings. Unlike German Equatorial mounts, there are no meridian flips to deal with, and no large protruding counterweights to create a dangerous hazard in a public observatory. Alt/Az is more intuitive to use and no polar alignment is needed.
- Direct-drive motors on each axis for smooth, fast, and virtually silent movement of the telescope
- Slew speeds up to 50 degrees per second
- High resolution encoders on each axis for precise positioning
- Zero backlash, Zero periodic error
- Latitude Range: 0 to 90 degrees, Northern and Southern hemispheres
- Enclosed electronics
- Through the mount cabling: Access panels in the fork arm and azimuth axis allow for camera equipment cabling through the inside of the mount.
- Dual mounting bracket: PlaneWave style mounting bracket to hold CDK17/20 onto inside of fork arm with additional option of mounting a scope on the outside of the fork arm. Optional dovetail clamp required.
- Azimuth dovetail balance system: For precise center of gravity balance whether in Alt-Az or Equatorial configuration
- User Interface: PlaneWave Interface 4 (PWI4) Control Software with integrated PointXP mount modeling software
- Slew Rate: 20 degrees per second (standard); 50 degrees per second (maximum), both axes
- Home position sensors are included allowing the mount can find its home position on power up.
|Mount Type||Alt-Az or Equatorial configuration|
|Control system electronics||PlaneWave Interface dual axis telescope control|
|Software||PlaneWave Interface (PWI4). Incorporates PointXP mount modeling software by Dave Rowe All ASCOM compatible.|
|Fork Arm||61 kg L-500|
|Motor||Azimuth and Altitude: Direct Drive 3 Phase Axial-Flux Torque Motors (L-500)|
|Motor Torque||Approximately 20 ft-lbs continuous; 50 ft-lbs peak (L-500)|
|Motor Control||Industrial grade brushless motor control system and built in electronics (L-500)|
|Power Requirements||Accepts 120 VAC. Supplied with 12VDC 15A Regulated Power Adapter (L-500)|
|Encoder||152mm disk built into the azimuth and altitude axes with stainless steel encoder on the circumference with reader yields 18,880,000 counts per revolution of the telescope. This translates to about 0.069 arcsecond resolution. (L-500)|
|Homing Sensors||Home position sensors are included allowing the mount can find its home position on power up. (L-500)|
|Mount Weight||L-500: 257 lbs (100 kg); L-600: coming soon|
|Payload Capacity (kg)||L-500: 200 lbs (91 kg), L-600: 300 lbs (136 kg)|
|Latitude Range||0 to 90 degrees, Northern and Southern hemispheres|
|Slew Speeds||20 degrees per second (standard); 50 degrees per second (maximum), both axes|
|Tracking Accuracy||< .3 arcsecond error over 5 minute period (L-500)|
|Pointing Precision||2 arcsecond (L-500)|
|All-sky pointing accuracy||<10 arcsecond RMS with PointXP Model (L-500)|
|System Natural Frequency||10 Hz or greater (L-500)|