Paramount MyT Robotic Telescope System of Software Bisque
Portable digital imaging is now within your reach!
The Paramount MYT has a broad range of exciting features and capabilities that will keep you focused on the stars and not your equipment. Software Bisque urges you to compare the Paramount MYT feature set with every other commercial mount in this price range before buying any mount.
The Paramount MYT (pronounced "mighty") Robotic Telescope Mount is a German equatorial mount designed from the base up to provide unsurpassed stability and performance for portable, semi-portable, or permanent installations. Other than its smaller stature and lower total payload capacity, the Paramount MYT incorporates essentially every feature found in the higher capacity Paramount ME II and Paramount MX+ models.
Portable mount with characteristics of the established ME II and MX+ mounts
- Two port USB 2.0 hub on the Instrument Panel
- 4th generation control system, featuring USB 2.0 computer to mount interface
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustments
- 1pc Stainless steel counterweight and stainless steel Counterweight bar
- 23kg total instrument capacity
- Unibody mount design weights 15kg
- Maximum 7 arcseconds peak-to-peak periodic error before PEC
- Includes versatile equipment mounting plate that can accept virtually any equipment
- Includes 80W (48 V / 1.7 A) power supply and cabling
- Belt driven gears result in virtually zero backlash
- 30 arcsecond or better all sky pointing using T-Point
- Clutchless design maintains your "T-Point assisted" pointing accuracy
- All electronics and wiring inside the mount, with space to add additional cabling "through the mount"
- German equatorial mount design.
- Instrument capacity (not including the counterweights): 50 lb (23 kg). Maximum payload capacity (instruments plus counterweights): 100 lb (46 kg). The purchase of additional counterweights may be required for heavier payloads.
- Weight of the mount (including the Versa-Plate): 34 lb (15.4 kg)
- Every Paramount MYT component is custom machined from 6061 aluminum at Software Bisque's production facility.
- The precision worms are machined from brass.
- Brass worms and aluminum gears that have a maximum seven (7) arcsecond peak-to-peak periodic error before periodic error correction.
- When periodic error correction is applied, the resulting peak-to-peak periodic error should be approximately one (1) arcsecond or less.
- Both the right ascension and declination axes have a simple two position mechanical "switch" to engage the worm during normal operation, disengage the worm from the gear when balancing the payload. A separate knob locks and unlocks each axis for transport.
- GEM design allows the right ascension axis to track past the meridian for up to 2 hours (time).
- All internal harnesses (cables) and motors are encapsulated inside the body of the mount.
- Through the mount access holes allow you to add your own internal cables.
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustments.
- Paramount homing, tracking and pointing performance.
- 4.33-inch contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination.
- Periodic error correction curve fitting included with TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- 45 arcminute bubble level included.
- A Paramount-style Versa-Plate for attaching optical tube assemblies is included.
- Power supply included. Paramount MYT power supply specifications: Max Power Output: 80W, Input: 100-240VAC ~47-63 Hz 1.9A, Output: 48V 1.66A max.
- One (1) 20 lb (9kg) counterweight included and can balance payloads from about 25-30 pounds. The purchase of additional counterweights may be required for heavier payloads.. Optional 10 lb (4.5 kg) counterweights are sold separately.
- 33 cm (13 in.) long, 3.81 cm (1.5 in.) wide stainless steel counterweight shaft. Thread-compatible with the Paramount Counterweight Extension Shaft.
- Standard Paramount MYT wedge can be adjusted to reach latitudes from zero (0) degrees to sixty-four (64) degrees.
- Azimuth axis polar axis adjustment range is plus or minus 3.5 degrees from center position (seven degrees total).
- Altitude and azimuth polar alignment knobs are calibrated, so that making adjustments using the TPoint Polar Alignment Report is simple and accurate.
- The Paramount MYT includes the MKS 5000, Software Bisque's fourth generation dual axis telescope control system.
- Integrated USB 2.0 computer to mount communication interface can be controlled via TheSkyX Professional Edition on macOS, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Raspbian out of the box.
- Integrated two port USB 2.0 hub at the camera-end of the telescope, right where USB ports are needed most
- The position of the motors is monitored 3333 times each second to ensure optimal tracking accuracy and smooth, consistent slews at all rates and all times.
- Tracking and "in progress slews" are immediately stopped in the event the mount's payload encounters a fixed object, such as the side of the pier.
- The single board control system electronics requires the minimum number of components and has a small physical size.
- Hand controller features an integrated mini-joystick controller and configurable rate, a five position switch that allows single-handed mount control, an integrated bright red LED flashlight, sturdy "hang anywhere" cable loop and 15-foot coiled hand paddle to mount cable.
- Programmable periodic error correction with advanced periodic error curve fitting built into TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- Built-in autoguider port on the Instrument Panel.
- Built-in focuser port on the Instrument Panel.
- One 12V and one 5V power port on the Instrument Panel.
- An integrated through the mount generic "power source" port on the Instrument Panel backed with 18-gauge wire to supply power to your observing equipment.
- Configurable software limits (using TheSkyX Professional Edition) to ensure the mount does not encounter the pier.
- Brushless DC servomotors with all moving parts on bearing surfaces. If your mount is used for survey astronomy all night, every clear night, no other type of motor is sufficient. Other commercial mounts use "brushed motors" that don't have nearly the life expectancy of brushless DC servomotors and are not designed to be operated for long periods at the (relatively slow) sidereal rate.
- DC servomotors provide fast slew speeds and consistent torque at all slew rates.
- The default maximum slew rate is 5.4 degrees per second. The gear-reducer and worm-block design of the Paramount MYT are extremely efficient so that little power is lost between the motor and the telescope drive. Though good balance is always recommended, the Paramount MYT has no problem slewing or tracking when several foot-pounds out of balance. You'll spend less time fiddling with the telescope and more time acquiring data. If required, slewing and tracking rates of up to six (6) degrees per second in both right ascension axis and declination can be achieved using an optional, higher amperage power supply. An optional, higher wattage power supply is sold separately that can be used to achieve maximum slew rates of up to ten (10) degrees per second.
- AutoHomeT homing capability (to better than one arcsecond resolution) with built-in sensor circuitry on each axis ensure that the mount always knows its orientation (after an initialization process called "homing"), even after power failure.
- Configurable park position.
- Audible feedback that indicates normal operation and error conditions.
- Slew and tracking rates can be configured with 56-bit precision.
- The right ascension and declination motors can be rotated at 0 to 4000 revolutions per minute and virtually anywhere in between, providing precise tracking and slewing. This gives you the ability to track on comets, asteroids and even fast- or slow-moving objects such as LEO satellites or any object that moves above or below the sidereal rate.
- Single-reduced belt-driven worms mean the Paramount MYT has backlash so small it is difficult to measure (typically less than two arcseconds in both axes). Autoguiding calibration is always a snap with this "no-slop" system. Spur gears and other components that may introduce backlash are not used.
- Temperature compensated internal oscillator with better than 1 part in 10 million that ensures accurate tracking rates over a wide temperature range.
- Built-in temperature sensor that allows the slew rate to be automatically reduced when the temperature drops.
- Soft "reboot" capability. This means that the control system can be restarted through software and does not have to be manually turned off, then on.
The Paramount MYT comes with the world's best and most powerful astronomy suite of astronomy software developed by the same engineers who designed the software. The Paramount MYT includes:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition (Mac, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Raspbian).
- TPoint Add On (including ProTrack and Super Model ) to TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- Camera Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- Multi-OS and Six License Add On gives you the option to install TheSkyX Pro (and Add Ons) on Mac, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Raspbian, on up to six different computers for each OS.
Please visit the Paramount MX+ web page of Software Bisque for details about the Paramount MyT Robotic Telescope System. If you are interested, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.com or call us.
Paramount MyT Tripod #1852300
The Paramount MYT Tripod is the perfect companion to the Paramount MYT Robotic Telescope Mount.
- 68 kg (150 lb.) maximum payload capacity
- 9 kg (20 lb.) total weight
- All aluminum construction (other than stainless fasteners and feet)
- 18.4 cm (7 1/4 in.) wide top plate rotates 360° to assist polar alignment
- Fully retracted (64 cm/25 in. length) for transport
- Middle (79 cm/31 in. tall)
- Lower (70 cm/27.5 in. tall)
Applies to all mounts which are controlled by plug connections of hand controllers and / or by plug connections with electronic accessories.
Again and again, we received mounts for repair work, which have malfunctions due to corroded connections. Therefore, the following note:
The plug-in connections at all contact points in astronomical telescopes are generally exposed to humidity and dirt. For the current transmission on such plug-in connections there is often a higher risk of danger due to humidity or corrosion as is ussually the with plug-in connections in the household.
It is advisable to spray the connectors of all cable connections generously with contact spray and then plug in the respective plug several times. In this way, the contact is cleaned and at the same time corrosion and the accumulation of condensation water are prevented. Please do not spray into the socket! In this way, short circuits can be produced if contact liquid is used too generously and runs through electronic components inside the device.
In any case, if there are undefined malfunctions during the electricity or signal transmission, it is first of all advisable to clean the plug-in connections by means of contact spray.
|Mount||German Equitoral Mount|
|Palyoad capacity (kg)||15 - 25 kg|
|Control system electronics||MKS 5000 dual-axis motion control system|
|Software||TheSky Professional Edition, Camera Add On, the TPoint Add On for Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspbian OS.|
|Construction||CNC machined aluminum solid material, stainless steel|
|Motor||Brushless DC servo motors|
|Power Requirements||48V / 1,66A|
|Mount Weight||34 lb (15 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||Two 30 lb. (14 kg), can balance about 60-70 lb. (27-32 kg) of payload|
|Counterweight Shaft||The 18.5 in. (47 cm) x 1.875 in., up to six counterweights|
|Payload Capacity (kg)||50 lb. (23 kg) total instrument capacity (not including counterweights). The totalcarrying capacity is 100 lb. (46 kg)|
|Bearings||4.3 in. (11 cm) contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination|
|Gear||Research-grade 6.5 in. (16.5 cm) 320 tooth brass right ascension gears|
|Slew Speeds||5.4 degrees per second in RA and Dec|
|Tracking past meridian||2 hours|
|Azimuth adjustment||Calibrated Vernier-scales|
|Altitude Adjustment||Calibrated Vernier-scales|
|All-sky pointing accuracy||30 arcseconds (with TPoint Software)|
|Tracking Performance and Periodic Error||max. 7 arcseconds or less peak to peak periodic error before correction.|
|Illumination||Hand paddle and control system LEDs|