Paramount MX+ Robotic Telescope System of Software Bisque
The Paramount MX+ German Equatorial Mount has been redesigned to incorporate the same high-torque precision servo motors used in the Paramount ME II. Otherwise, the Paramount MX+ has virtually the identical feature set of the original Paramount MX.
The Paramount MX+ Mount is a improved version of former MX mount, designed to make observatory quality astronomy - field portable
The Paramount MX+
- Two port USB 2.0 hub on the Instrument Panel
- control system of 4th generation, featuring USB 2.0 computer to mount interface
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustments
- 2pc Stainless steel counterweights and stainless steel Counterweight ba
- 45kg total instrument capacity
- Unibody mount design weights 23kg
- Maximum 7 arcseconds peak-to-peak periodic error before PEC
- Includes versatile equipment mounting plate that can accept virtually any equipment
- Includes power supply and cabling
- Belt driven gears result in virtually zero backlash
- 30 arcsecond or better all sky pointing using T-Point
- Clutchless design maintains your "T-Point assisted" pointing accuracy
- All electronics and wiring inside the mount, with space to add additional cabling "through the mount
The Paramount MX includes the MKS 5000, Software Bisque's fourth generation dual axis telescope control system.Controll system und Electronics:
- Integrated USB 2.0 computer to mount communication interface can be controlled via TheSkyX Professional Edition on either Mac OS X and Windows (7/Vista/XP, 32- and 64-bit), out of the box.
- Integrated two port USB 2.0 hub at the camera-end of the telescope, right where USB ports are needed most.
- The position of the motors is monitored 3333 times each second to ensure optimal tracking accuracy and smooth, consistent slews at all rates and all times.
- Tracking and "in progress slews" are immediately stopped in the event the mount's payload encounters a fixed object, such as the side of the pier.
- The single board control system electronics requires the minimum number of components and has a small physical size.
- Hand controller features an integrated mini-joystick controller and configurable rate, a five position switch that allows single-handed mount control, an integrated bright red LED flashlight, sturdy "hang anywhere" cable loop and 15-foot coiled hand paddle to mount cable.
- Programmable periodic error correction with advanced adperiodic error curve fitting built into TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- Built-in autoguider port on the Instrument Panel.
- Built-in focuser port on the Instrument Panel.
- One 12V and one 5V power port on the Instrument Panel.
- An integrated through the mount generic "power source" port on the Instrument Panel backed with 18-gauge wire to supply power to your observing equipment.
- Configurable software limits (using TheSkyX Professional Edition) to ensure the mount does not encounter the pier.
- Brushless DC servomotors with all moving parts on bearing surfaces. If your mount is used for survey astronomy all night, every clear night, no other type of motor is sufficient. Other commercial mounts use "brushed motors" that don't have nearly the life expectancy of brushless DC servomotors and are not designed to be operated for long periods at the (relatively slow) sidereal rate.
- The maximum slew and tracking rate is six (6) degrees per second in both right ascension axis and declination (the default slew rate is 5.4 degrees per second)*. The gear-reducer and worm-block design of the Paramount MX are extremely efficient so that little power is lost between the motor and the telescope drive.
- AutoHomeT homing capability (to better than one arcsecond resolution) with built-in sensor circuitry on each axis ensure that the mount always knows its orientation (after an initialization process called "homing"), even after power failure.
- Configurable park position.
- Audible feedback that indicates normal operation and error conditions.
- Slew and tracking rates can be configured with 56-bit precision. What does this mean? The right ascension and declination motors can be rotated a 0 to 4000 revolutions per minute and virtually anywhere in between, providing precise tracking and slewing. This gives you the ability to track on comets, asteroids and even fast- or slow-moving objects such as LEO satellites or any object that moves above or below the sidereal rate.
- Single-reduced belt-driven worms mean the Paramount MX has backlash so small it is difficult to measure (typically less than two arcseconds in both axes. Autoguiding calibration is always a snap with this "no-slop" system. Spur gears and other components the may introduce backlash are not used.
- Temperature compensated internal oscillator with better than 10 parts per million that ensures accurate tracking rates over a wide temperature range.
- Built-in temperature sensor that allows the slew rate to be automatically reduced when the temperature drops.
- Soft "reboot" capability. This means that the control system can be restarted through software and does not have to be manually turned off, then on.
Software is included:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition for MAC, Windows, Linux, Raspbian OS
- TheSky Pro TPoint Add On for MAC, Windows, Linux, Raspbian OS
- TheSky Pro Camera Add On for MAC, Windows, Linux, Raspbian OS
- Multi-OS and Six License Add On
Please visit the Paramount MX+ web page of Software Bisque for details about the Paramount MX+ Robotic Telescope System. If you are interested, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.com or call us.
Pyramid Portable Pier (tripod) for the Paramount MX #1852300
The suitable tripod for the MX+ mount in portable use is also in a complete new design, total tripod weight: 20 lb (9 kg).
Applies to all mounts which are controlled by plug connections of hand controllers and / or by plug connections with electronic accessories.
Again and again, we received mounts for repair work, which have malfunctions due to corroded connections. Therefore, the following note:
The plug-in connections at all contact points in astronomical telescopes are generally exposed to humidity and dirt. For the current transmission on such plug-in connections there is often a higher risk of danger due to humidity or corrosion as is ussually the with plug-in connections in the household.
It is advisable to spray the connectors of all cable connections generously with contact spray and then plug in the respective plug several times. In this way, the contact is cleaned and at the same time corrosion and the accumulation of condensation water are prevented. Please do not spray into the socket! In this way, short circuits can be produced if contact liquid is used too generously and runs through electronic components inside the device.
In any case, if there are undefined malfunctions during the electricity or signal transmission, it is first of all advisable to clean the plug-in connections by means of contact spray.
|Mount||German Equitoral Mount|
|Palyoad capacity (kg)||30 - 50kg|
|Control system electronics||MKS 5000 dual-axis motion control system|
|Software||TheSky Professional Edition, Camera Add On, the TPoint Add On for Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspbian OS.|
|Construction||CNC machined aluminum solid material, stainless steel|
|Motor||Brushless DC servo motors|
|Power Requirements||48V / 1,66A|
|Mount Weight||50lb (23kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||Two 20 lb. (9 kg), can balance about 40-50 lb. (18-22 kg) of payload|
|Counterweight Shaft||16 in. (41 cm) long x 1.5-in. , up to six counterweights|
|Payload Capacity (kg)||100 lb. (45 kg) total instrument capacity (not including counterweights). The total carrying capacity is 200 lb. (90 kg)|
|Bearings||6 in. (15 cm) contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination axis|
|Gear||Research-grade 7.5 in. (19 cm) 375 tooth brass right ascension and declination gears|
|Slew Speeds||5.4 degrees per second in RA and Dec|
|Tracking past meridian||2 hours|
|Azimuth adjustment||Calibrated Vernier-scales|
|Altitude Adjustment||Calibrated Vernier-scales|
|All-sky pointing accuracy||30 arcseconds (with TPoint Software)|
|Tracking Performance and Periodic Error||max. 7 arcseconds or less peak to peak periodic error before correction.|
|Illumination||Hand paddle and control system LEDs|