Avalon StarGo GoTo SYSTEM
AvaLon M-Uno, M-Zero, M-Zeta and LineAR mounts now with a new StarGo control system - via WiFi or Bluetooth connection
The StarGO is a Computerized GoTo Control System based on stepper motor technology. StarGo can manage both Alt-Azimuthal and Equatorial Mounts, even if has been designed mainly for the M-zero, M-Zeta, M-uno and Linear mounts thanks to the programmable Gear Ratio (1234,123) and the special motor kit, it may be easily used with other brand mounts.
Its design follows the most recent technological development in this field, consisting in realising a very simple hardware characterized by a large field of applications such as the management of focusers, filter wheels, DSLR cameras, etc. without the need of frequent modifications to be adapted to new devices but maintaining the possibility to be controlled by a PC, smartphones and tablets.
Read more: StarGo Review by Emmanuele Sordini Avalon M-Zero Mount and StarGo Motor Drive
Functions performed by the StarGO control system. It is composed by five main components:
1. The StarGO Control Box, that can be embedded in the mount as for the Avalon Linear, M-Zeta und M-Uno or in a separate control box for the M-Zero (and for its use with all other compatible third part's mounts).
2. The StarGo Keypad allow the control of the mount, perform almost all the available and most needed operations.
3. The StarGO-Software, entirely developed by Avalon Instruments, uses a computer to perform all the setup and management operations, including the control of various external equipment that can be connected to the control box..
The X-Solver is an application based on the Plate Solving solution. With X-Solver it is possible to build Sky Model till 24 stars that can be saved and used later even during other night sessions. With X-Solver application comes two very useful tools: the Sky Model and Polar alignment. The Sky Model allow to build easily a sky model up to 24 stars. The tool provide an intuitive GUI that shows a 2D representation of the sky top view that can be designed from the user simply by the mouse double click. The modeling function is particularly useful in fixed observatory installations, however for the speed of its execution, it may be used also for mobile installations, especially for visual observation (after a short period of CCD use at the very beginning of the session). The Polar Align is a tool for a fast and easy Polar Alignment by using the Plate Solving function.
4. The StarGO-BT-App for Android devices that allows to interface them with the StarGO control box via Bluetooth connection. With this application the Android devices become like a control pad. This application, as well as the PC StarGO, is under continuous development to add new functionalities.
5. The Avalon StarGo ASCOM-Treiberdriver that makes possible the interaction between the StarGO Control Box and the most used astronomical software applications such as Phd2, TheSkyX, SNPP7, Maxim, SGP, CartduCiel, Stellarium, etc.
The StarGO Interface on the mount has many useful connections:
- 3 Auxilary Ports for various devices
- Baader Steeldrive Focuser.
The following diagrams show the control options of the Avalon mounts for Windows and MAC PC's / Laptops / SmartPhones / Tablets via BlueTooth (left, Android) or WiFi (right, Android and IOS), USB and ASCOM
- Control box
- Hand control
- Autoguide port
- Steeldrive port
- 2 Aux ports
- Time laps port
- Carrying case
- Cables, power supply 15V/4Ah (motor kit not included)
If you are interested, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.com or call us.
|Input/Output Ports||USB, Bluetooth, ST4|
|Output Port||DSRL, Steeldrive Baader (AUX0); AUX1: Hybrid Step Motor with a max current of 300mA when powered at >= 12 VDC; AUX2: Hybrid Step Motor with a max current of 300mA when powered at >= 12 VDC|
|Updating FW||Via USB|
|System Speeds||Guide: From 0,05 to 0,95x with 0,05x increments, Center: From 2 to 10x, Find: From 10 to 150x with 0,05x increments, Slew: N. 4 speeds, depending on the mount ""gear ratio"", up to 1400x @ 12/18 VDC|
|Tracking Speeds||Sideral, Solar, Lunar, Terrestrial, Fine tracking adjustment feature|
|Autoguide Speeds||RA: From 0,05 to 0,95x with 0,05x increment step, DEC: From 0,05 to 0,95x with 0,05x increments|
|Database||13998 Default objects; The database may be easily editable by the user using a simple text editor|
|Power Requirements||10 – 18 VCC stabilized. Current: 0,5 to 1,5 A|
|Control Operations||Goto e Sync to the Database Objects, Park, Unpark|
|Environment Operating Temperature||-20 ≈ +40 °C|