Avalon - M-Uno
M-Uno Fast Reverse Mount
The M-Uno Fast Reverse mount is a single arm equatorial mount designed for astronomical imaging.
It is a very unique product in its sector, with a payload of 20-25 kg, both for visual and photographic applications.
The M-Uno Fast Reverse project is the technological answer to the need of a mount able to definitely solve the frustrating meridian flip issue during long exposure imaging, typical with traditional equatorial mounts: when the scope crosses the meridian, the operator is forced to stop imaging and flip the mount, loosing precious time just around the best position for the object to be imaged (the meridian).
Furthermore, after more than fifteen (15) years of experience on the field and after spending countless hours under the stars, imaging with many different telescopes, the project had the additional goal to eliminate a number of troubles and limitations found on traditional mounts, obtaining a product optimized for SC and rear focus optics, with not too long OTA length. The M-Uno allows very long observing/imaging sessions, without any stop across the meridian.The Avalon M·Uno Mount in various observation positions
The Avalon M-Uno is a mount integrating solutions making life of amateur astronomers easier, eliminating many technical problems. For example:
- A revolutionary technology: Tooth belt transmission
- Very sturdy and lightweight fro easy transportation.
- A handle installed on the body of the mount.
- No cables around: all the cables connecting the motors to the electronics are inside the mount, so they do not interfere with the hand control unit cables.
- AvaLon M-Uno Mount now with new StarGO GoTo Control System (WiFi or Bluetooth version). More about the AVALON StarGo GoTo Control System.
- The surface offers the best anodization process available
- Blocks on both axes are easy to use even with gloves
- Ergonomic Knobs for fine tuning both the altitude and the azimuth of the polar axis. The altitude worm is not under the weight of the mount - in contrast with many competing mounts - so it is smooth and very accurate.
- Quick and robust counterweight shaft clamping, making easy the mount assembly.
- Polar finder included, for an easier polar alignment
- Both axes use high quality bearings, for a very fluid motion, with no friction even with heavy payloads, allowing a perfect balance of the mount. Very short damping time.
- Quick to assemble: the M-Uno mount requires just a few minutes to be ready and long exposure images can be started within minutes
- Mount easy to balance. Thanks to the very small friction on both RA and DEC. axes, reaching a perfect, very accurate balance is amazingly easy.
- Adjustable fork to host tubes of different dimensions.
- Light and very sturdy: the head of the mount weights 15 kg (without counterweights and their shaft) and it can hosts a 200-280mm catadioptric, or a 110-130mm, short focal length refractor.
- Very short damping time.
In short, the M-uno FAST REVERSE mount is ideal for those travelling astroimagers seeking for long deep sky exposures, even with high focal lengths, without the troubles of meridian crossing with an excellent value for money. Obviously the particular characteristics of the M-uno make it ideal even for use in a permanent location, especially with remote control.
Detailed information about the revolutionary technology and AVALON Mounts are available here.
Test Reviews M-Uno Mounts:
- Alessandro Falesiedi: Why Avalon? Why M-Uno?
- Tom Bramwell: AvalonEvangelista: An Owner Review of the M-Uno Fast Reverse Mount for Astrophotography from Avalon Instruments of Italy
- Test Review by Derek Santiago on "www.cloudynights.com"
- AVALON Instruments M-Uno Mount
- 3", Losmandy type plate
- Polar Finder
- Small counterweight for accurate balance
- Avalon StarGo Control System (Bluetooth or WiFi version)
- Cardboard box with customized foam
Astroimages on AVALON M-Uno Mount:
- Related Articles
|Mount||Equatorial Single-Arm Mount|
|Palyoad capacity (kg)||15 - 25 kg|
|Control system electronics||StarGO GoTo Control System (WiFi or Bluetooth version)|
|Transmission||All belts drive system based on four stages reducer. All the movements are on ball bearings. No maintenance and no backlash system. Pulleys made with special polymer fiberglass charged and high precision toothed belts.|
|OTA plate||Dovetail 3" clamp, with a single blocking knob using two tightening points.|
|Material||Aluminium, steel, brass, technopolymer|
|Tripod plate||With multiple holes, ready for Avalon, Celestron, Baader AHT and SkyWatcher EQ6 tripods|
|Motor||Stepper, microstep motors|
|Power Requirements||12 V 3 A stabilized power supply|
|Mount Weight||15,00 kg ( withount conterweight and bar)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1.1lb (0,5 kg)|
|Payload Capacity (kg)||55lb (25 kg) in observing, 44lb (20 kg) for imaging|
|RA Axis||Heavy duty steel, diam. 35 mm.; 2 roller, conical bearings, diam 62 mm. + 1 roller bearing diam. 72mm + 2 roller bearings diam. 45mm – on bearings clutch|
|DEC Axis||Heavy duty steel, diam. 35 mm.; 2 roller, conical bearings, diam 62 mm. + 1 roller bearing diam. 72mm + 1 roller bearing diam. 45 mm - on bearings clutch|
|Communication Ports||USB, RS 232, Autoguiderport (ST-4), DSLR, 2x AUX Ports|
|All-sky pointing accuracy||+/-5 arc-seconds without Guiding|
|Polar Finder||SkyWatcher EQ5 model, Losmandy optional|