Avalon - LineAR
LineAR Fast Reverse Mount
The LineAR Fast Reverse mount is a universal equatorial mount designed for astronomical imaging: it is one of the most innovative products ever conceived for these applications and it can host a payload up to 20 kg, both for photographic and visual applications.
The Avalon LineAR is a mount integrating solutions making life of amateur astronomers easier, eliminating many technical problems. For example:
- A revolutionary technology: Tooth belt transmission
- Very sturdy and lightweight for easy transportation.
- A handle installed on the body of the mount, to easily move and transport the LineAR around.
- No cables around: all the cables connecting the motors to the electronics are inside the mount, so they do not interfere with the hand control unit cables.
- AvaLon LineAR Mount now with new StarGO GoTo Control System (WiFi or Bluetooth version). More about the AVALON StarGo GoTo Control System.
- The surface offers the best anodization process available
- A clear, easy to read latitude scale and indexes marking the "home" position are impressed on the body and on the AR stand of the mount
- Blocks on both axes are easy to use even with gloves
- Ergonomic Knobs for fine tuning both the altitude and the azimuth of the polar axis. The altitude worm is not under the weight of the mount - in contrast with many competing mounts - so it is smooth and very accurate.
- Quick and robust counterweight shaft clamping, making easy the mount assembly.
- Polar finder included, for an easier polar alignment
- Both axes use high quality bearings, for a very fluid motion, with no friction even with heavy payloads, allowing a perfect balance of the mount. Very short damping time.
- Quick to assemble: the LineAR mount requires just a few minutes to be ready and long exposure images can be started within minutes
- Mount easy to balance. Thanks to the very small friction on both RA and DEC. axes, reaching a perfect, very accurate balance is amazingly easy.
- Light and very sturdy: the head of the mount weights 12.5 kg (without counterweights and their shaft) and it can hosts a 200-280mm catadioptric, a 250mm-f/4, f/5 Newtonian and a 130-150mm, short focal length refractor.
In short, the Linear Fast Reverse mount is ideal for those travelling astroimagers seeking for long deep sky exposures, even with long focal lengths, by means of an high quality, light, reliable, accurate and easy-use setup, with an excellent quality/performance-to-cost ratio.
Detailed information about the revolutionary technology and AVALON Mounts are available here.
- Kai Wicker: Avalon Linear Fast Reverse Mont - Avalon Linear Characteristics
- Renzo Del Rosso: LineAr Equatorial Mount
- Test Review on"Cloudy Nights"
- AVALON Instruments LineAR Mount
- Plate L=3" (75 mm) Losmandy dovetail compatible, with a single blocking knob using two tightening points.
- Polar Finder
- 6 kg, stainless steel counterweigth
- Avalon StarGo GoTo Control System (Bluetooth or WiFi version)
- 12V Power Supply
- Cardboard box with customized foam
Astroimages on AVALON LineAR Mount:
|Mount||German Equitoral Mount|
|Palyoad capacity (kg)||15 - 25 kg|
|Control system electronics||StarGO GoTo Control System (WiFi or Bluetooth version)|
|Transmission||All belts drive system based on four stages reducer. All the movements are on ball bearings. No maintenance and no backlash system. Pulleys made with special polymer fiberglass charged and high precision toothed belts.|
|OTA plate||Dovetail 3" clamp, with a single blocking knob using two tightening points.|
|Material||Aluminium, steel, brass, technopolymer|
|Tripod plate||With multiple holes, ready for Avalon, Celestron, Baader AHT and SkyWatcher EQ6 tripods|
|Motor||Stepper, microstep motors|
|Power Requirements||12 V 3 A stabilized power supply|
|Mount Weight||12,00 kg ( withount conterweight and bar)|
|Weight of Counterweights||Stainless steel 6 kg (13,2 lb) counterweight|
|Counterweight Shaft||Quick release, 30mm diam.(1,181 "), stainless steel bar|
|Payload Capacity (kg)||55lb (25 kg) in observing, 44lb (20 kg) for imaging|
|RA Axis||Heavy duty steel, diam. 35 mm.; 2 roller, conical bearings, diam 62 mm. + 1 roller bearing diam. 72mm + 2 roller bearings diam. 45mm – on bearings clutch|
|DEC Axis||Heavy duty steel, diam. 35 mm.; 2 roller, conical bearings, diam 62 mm. + 1 roller bearing diam. 72mm + 1 roller bearing diam. 45 mm - on bearings clutch|
|Communication Ports||USB, RS 232, Autoguiderport (ST-4), DSLR, 2x AUX Ports|
|All-sky pointing accuracy||+/-5 arc-seconds without Guiding|
|Polar Finder||SkyWatcher EQ5 model, Losmandy optional|