PlaneWave RC1000 - Ritchey Chrétien f/6.0
The PlaneWave RC1000 is a fully automated 1-meter class telescope observatory system.
The PW1000-RC in its native format (no field flattening lenses) uses only mirror with reflective coatings. This can be useful when making observations primarily on-axis and wide field imaging is not a concern.
Das RC1000 is a complete telescope
- featuring a direct drive altitude-azimuth (Alt-Az) mounting system
- with a diffraction-limited 100mm image circle. The RC1000 is designed to excel at imaging on the largest format CCD cameras available today
- Dual Nasmyth focus ports, allowing simultaneous mounting of two instruments and easy switching between imaging and visual use
- PointXP mount modeling software
- Integrated field de-rotator / rotational field framing
- Integrated primary mirror shutter cover
Concerning the RC1000 we shall gladly provide a detailed offer for: f4.5 reducer, optional derotator-units for different instrument loads, heavy duty focusers suited to mount onto both sides of the fork arms depending on instr. load, tertiary mirror assembly to move the image into either side of the fork, remote dew heater units, remote controlled tube covers, light shrouds and tangent assemblies complement the instrument outfit
Benefits of Nasmyth Focus: The Nasmyth Focus is along the altitude axis so there are virtually no balancing issue as you change out equipment. Eyepieces remain at a constant wheelchair-accessible height, greatly simplifying access to the telescope for public observatories. The rotating tertiary mirror allows you to switch from one Nasmyth port to the other in just seconds, allowing observers to easily transition between imaging and visual use
- Drive: Direct Drive motors and absolute on-axis encoders eliminate the need for reduction gears, thereby eliminating backlash and periodic error. With high-resolution encoders providing the feedback for the direct drive motors, not only will the telescope track without periodic error and backlash, the mount will also counter wind gusts with precise servo feedback. The direct drive motors can move the telescope at incredible speeds for tracking satellites or just to minimize target acquisition time.
- Tertiary Mirror: The PW1000 includes an integrated rotator for the tertiary mirror, with magnetic locks to position the mirror precisely at either Nasmyth focus position. The rotator can move from one port to the other in under 10 seconds.
- Pointing Accuracy: Better than 10 arcsecond RMS with PointXP Model
|Optical Design||Corrected Dall-Kirkham (CDK)|
|Back Focus Distance||14,7" (373 mm) from Mounting Surface of de-rotator|
|Aperture (mm)||39.37" (1000 mm)|
|Focal Length||6000 mm (236,22 inch)|
|Image Field||100 mm|
|Central Obstruction||47% of the Primary Mirror Diameter|
|Weight (lbs)||2600 lbs lbs (1180 kg)|