Baader 2" Cool-Ceramic Safety Herschel prism, Visual and photographic
There is no better way for uncompromising Solar Observation / Solar Photography in white light
Every Solar Diagonal needs additional neutral density filters since the reflected energy of the first surface prism (4.6%) still is a factor of 1000 too large for the human eye. All Baader Solar Diagonals are delivered with a pre-mounted ND 3.0 Baader precision 2 light reduction filter. The photographic version includes other ND-Filters to achieve shorter exposure times. Use with care!
- Space-Technology: The exiting beam in the Baader Safety Herschel Wedge is fed into a heat cage separated from the prism body. Like on a Space Shuttle a ceramic tile forming the back end of the heat cage absorbs the radiant heat without overheating its surroundings. The closed prism body offers perfect safety for educational work.
- Solar Finder: The translucent ceramic tile acts as projection screen for the unfocused image of the Sun. Aiming the telescope at the Sun becomes very easy.
- ClickLock 2 Clamp: Securely clamp any eyepiece with only the push of a lever. Change eyepieces single handedly even in winter with heavy gloves.
- Filter Holder: A 2/M48 threaded ring couples the 2 ClickLock-Clamp to the body of the Safety Herschel Wedge and acts as a filter holder for 2 filters.
- Solar Continuum Filter (10nm HBW/540nm CWL): Included as standard filter
- Optional recommended accessories:2 Baader Polarizer-Filter (# 2408342) mounts into any 2 eyepiece or 2 to 1.25 reducer for adjusting image brightness simply by rotating the eyepiece. Reducer ring 2to T-2 (#1508035) allows to mount any DSLR-camera T-mount directly on top of the Solar Diagonal body
|Optical Design||Herschel Prism|
|Inner Connection (lens sided)||Thread, M48, M55, 2"|
|Outer Connection (lens sided)||Barrel, Dovetail ring, S58, 2"|
|Inner Connection (eyepiece sided)||Clamp, 2"|
|Outer Connection (eyepiece sided)||Thread, Dovetail ring, M55, S58, 2"|
|Reflection surface||First surface reflection|
|AR-Coating||Phantom Coating® Group|
|Image Orientation||Erect image, Mirror inverted|
|Optical tube length (mm)||114|
|Inner Diameter / Clear Aperture (mm)||46,6|
|Solar Wavelenght||Whitelight (integral light)|